DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

Any stuff from Beyond Wrestling this year that's particularly worth checking out? I ask because I signed up for their YouTube channel free trial cuz I had heard some good things about the Jonathan Gresham vs. Chris Hero match from 2/28.

That match, btw, is realllllllly good, and this is coming from someone who tends to rate Chris Hero matches lower than the average person. They work a match in which Hero's hugely impactful offensive moves are given a little more significance than in his usual indy main events, both by virtue of match structure and Gresham's selling. Indy MOTY for me (though there are plenty of people out there who have seen many more indy matches than I have this year).

4 hours ago, maciej said:

Any stuff from Beyond Wrestling this year that's particularly worth checking out? I ask because I signed up for their YouTube channel free trial cuz I had heard some good things about the Jonathan Gresham vs. Chris Hero match from 2/28.

That match, btw, is realllllllly good, and this is coming from someone who tends to rate Chris Hero matches lower than the average person. They work a match in which Hero's hugely impactful offensive moves are given a little more significance than in his usual indy main events, both by virtue of match structure and Gresham's selling. Indy MOTY for me (though there are plenty of people out there who have seen many more indy matches than I have this year).

Pretty much any Keith Lee match in Beyond is worth watching.

Thanks for the Keith Lee rec, that guy is a ton of fun.

Man, the Matt Riddle vs. John Silver match from the 7/31 Beyond is really terrific too, as good as or better than any of the other Riddle matches from this year, I think. There's not much in the way of a feeling out, instead it works as long section of offense for each guy, both of which look great, and then sticks the finish as well. That show also has a Keith Lee/Cage match in which they both indulge their high flying/athletic tendencies quite a bit but it's more charming and less annoying than I would think that could be, a very good Chris Hero/Kimber Lee match, and a Gresham/Sabre 2/3 falls that does the trick.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic