DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

• 3 weeks later...

Went to MCW tonight in Joppa.  Show wasn't much, but it was a nice time-waster. The crowd liked the stars and there were some decent matches in it too.  Bully and Velvet Sky were in the main event and I swear she actually looked good on offense.  It was shocking really, especially the surprisingly great clothesline she threw.  Good stuff.  But the real highlight was the after-show party at Jimmy Seafood.  We go upstairs and Melina, Ryback and Boogeyman were there.  Melina is such a lovable dork and it was easy to have a great conversation with her.  Ryback left soon after we got there, and Boogeyman was just in his own little world.

But tonight was my first time seeing a ring rat in action.  I thought they were a dying breed, but here she was.  She first stalked her prey in Boogeyman while waiting in line for his autograph.  At Jimmys she wasted no time talking to him.  In the time we were there she progressed from talking to him to making advances, and would burn a hole in anybody else who dared talk to him.  On our way out she pretty much went for the kill and it seemed like it worked out in her favor.  My friend and I were oddly fascinated by this process.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

CHIKARA has decided to move on from Joey Styles too

It's strange, I liked Joey up to when he was with WWE.  But as soon as he did other promotions I wonder if he just can't help himself.  I'm of the belief he did the Facebook thing just to get fired from WWE.  Evolve and CHIKARA seemed like weird places he'd commentate on, but whatever.  Knowing he works for some stock company I wonder if he felt it was best to check out from commentating.  As far as I know he's still with Beyond Wrestling though that might change.

But it's amazing how a comment like that can get somebody fired from two companies, and before all is said and done maybe three.  I remember when he started Twitter he went on a super-far right series of tweets.  I think he ended up taking them down, but definitely soured on him for a while.  Not because of his political stance, but that he'd represent a high-profile company and put that out there.  Same with Evolve, he was told not to mention politics and he did just that.  He just can't help himself.

Beyond is also done with Styles (though that isn't surprising since they are FloSlam like EVOLVE)

Chikara used firing Styles to announce their new zero tolerance policy for everyone.

So basically - have fun trying to not get kicked out of a Chikara show

Well, it is the same company that got upset Fenix cursed during KoT so I'm not surprised.  Hope that Stock company works out for Joey, otherwise he might want to reconsider his life choices.  It's all well and good to be "controversial" and "edgy", but when it gets you fired from 3 companies that's really bad.

See the EVOLVE thread

But in general it was a combo

- saying something inappropriate

- the context of it making it worse

- doing something he (and the entire locker room) where explicitly not to do

Because I watched the Necro/Klein sequel that Segunda posted I had to turn that on. Not all the way through it, but DJ Hyde talking about going to prison after drinking two fifths of tequila and assaulting the guy fucking his ex, while being a bank professional might just be more fucked up than any of the matches. On several levels. 

8 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

Anyone headed to NOVA next week for Royal vs Hero?  I'll be back in the booth for that show, so def come say hi to me!

I am 99% sure I will be there.

I asked my wife if I can blow off the family commitments that night (since the inlaws will still be in town) and she said yes.

However - I will believe that the day of