DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

They did have a Traditional Survivor Series match that was better than the Men's PPV match - so that one is definitely 5 stars.

Jonathan Gresham vs. Donovan Dijak and Arik Royal vs Chris Hero are the matches from tonight that people are gonna have to see

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

At the WrestleCade show tonight- Cody Rhodes won the GWF NXT GEN title 

Because when I think up and comers - I think Cody Rhodes

I was just about to post about Cody winning that title. Two of the other guys I do video/commentary work with are at the Wrestlecade show. Also seems Jarrett is trying to get Hardcore Holly to work for GFW.

So before even leaving for New Japan - Colby Corino got himself arrested in Tennessee

Possesion of "control substances" and it appears that reading the charges there is some "intent to sell" in there too

Well that isn't going to help his cause

As an Ugly Ducklings fans in the Mid Atlantic area, the idea of Colby Corino NOT being in possession of something would be more surprising.  But seriously you have be dumb as hell to do that when you have a career changing opportunity ahead of you.  

The problem isn't that he is 20 or how the authorities will treat him

The problem is he just signed with New Japan and they (well Japan in general) do not treat drug use (or I should say drug arrests) kindly

For example - 4 sumo wrestlers were kicked out of the sport for pot use. Someone on their rugby team was banned for life for pot.

Matt Sydal will not be used anymore in New Japan since he got busted at the airport

It wouldn't be the least bit shocking if they told him (Corino) the deal was off and to not come

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alstein said:

a 20 yr old kid is going to be dumb.  Hopefully authorities there take it easy on him and let him off so he can get a second chance.   This isn't something that you should have your dream ruined over.

Tennessee authorities take it easy on a drug arrest? HAH!

• Like 2

Steve Corino doesn't have near as much name value in Tennessee as Jerry Lawler does.

EDIT: I see what you meant by that now. :P The re-sale charge is going to fuck him, though. Even on your first offense, with that charge, you're looking at no less than 5 years, and up to 30. Depending on what the drug is. If he had an ounce of marijuana on him, that's considered intent to distribute, but Tennessee classifies marijuana in a lower controlled substance category than some other states do (surprisingly).

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Not sure if there is a Chikara thread in here so I will put here.  Drew Gulak had his final matches in Chikara (and maybe in the indies) and it was against a returning I guess Mike Quackenbush.  Really good hard hitting match 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1140815579320820&id=153423404726714

Such a good match. Drew and I went to high school together, and I knew about his wrestling dream then, so while I'm sad to see him leave CHIKARA, I'm thrilled that he's moving into the big time. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alstein said:

a 20 yr old kid is going to be dumb.  Hopefully authorities there take it easy on him and let him off so he can get a second chance.   This isn't something that you should have your dream ruined over.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  My first thought was that, at 20, he's old enough to know better and more or less deserves whatever consequences come his way.

• Like 4