DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

Granted, this looks as silly and cliched as any other WWE Studios stuff (Reckless cops! Grumpy authority figures! "You've been through six partners in 2 years!") but this one looks, I dunno, somewhat more fun?

Maybe it's actually introducing the pro wrestling element into it a bit? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DEAN said:

AWESOME!

Oh, you have to be fucking kidding.... Like I need to revisit any of the crushes I had in middle school.

WHY DID THEY NOT FIND A REDHEAD TO PLAY DYNA-GIRL? 

250full-feed.jpg

I REMEMBER YOU AS YOU WERE, JUDY STRANGIS~!

• Like 1

Though originally optioned as a series reboot (the second attempt at such following a never-made 2001 endeavor with Markie Post in the lead role), Electra Woman and Dyna Girl will instead be a straight-to-video film, available for digital viewing on June 7 and on DVD on July 5.

No wonder Dean is all in

5 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

You know, if we're redoing old Sid & Marty Krofft stuff, is it too much to ask that they bring back D.C. Follies in some form? Fred Willard's not tied up in anything is he?

It just fills my heart with dread that there could be a Adam Sandler / Kevin James fueled Far-Out Space Nuts movie.

Then again, my spirit soars at the thought of Dr. Shrinker or The Lost Saucer being a 90 minute epic.

This has probably already been posted here -- and it's already out as of yesterday -- but I didn't know Linklater made it until I saw the trailer on TV like five times before noticing his name attached. Highly doubt it comes up to the level of Dazed and Confused but it could be fun. 

Jimminy Fuck, Tim Burton!  The Alice books may be weird but they are mostly harmless and meant for kids.  Who is the associate producer for this mother fucking movie?  American McGee?

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

This has probably already been posted here -- and it's already out as of yesterday -- but I didn't know Linklater made it until I saw the trailer on TV like five times before noticing his name attached. Highly doubt it comes up to the level of Dazed and Confused but it could be fun. 

Yeah, this does look like fun to me. The main guy looks like they combined Don and Pink from Dazed and Confused.

11 hours ago, J.T. said:

Jimminy Fuck, Tim Burton!  The Alice books may be weird but they are mostly harmless and meant for kids.  Who is the associate producer for this mother fucking movie?  American McGee?

Actually, Tim Burton was basically an associate producer on this and nothing else.  He didn't write or direct it.