DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

I've been looking forward to Swiss Army Man for months, it looks so bonkers. There's no way it plays in Winnipeg, but as soon as that bad boy is available for streaming, I'm hopping on it. Fandor doesn't really do new movies, but they should really acquire it.

On 4/1/2016 at 9:59 AM, Craig H said:

Yeah, this does look like fun to me. The main guy looks like they combined Don and Pink from Dazed and Confused.

The idea that the movies I watched on HBO as a kid in hopes of seeing boobs have now become prestige projects baffles me.

The Jungle Book - the one directed by Andy Serkis, not the one coming out this week directed by Jon Favreau - got pushed back a year (From Oct 2017 to Oct 2018)

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Jungle Book - the one directed by Andy Serkis, not the one coming out this week directed by Jon Favreau - got pushed back a year (From Oct 2017 to Oct 2018)

I believe the Tomb Raider movie is taking its place on that original date of October 6th.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hey, just in time to compete with the sequel to the Jungle Book that does open this weekend, and Disney has already but in pre-production!

Favreau is saying that they haven't really talked about a sequel yet, and that people are jumping the gun. However, he would be interested in returning.

So if that's the case, 2019 would be more realistic than 2018.

I bet that came from some executive seeing How to Train Your Dragon and then going "hey, what we need to do is make OUR OWN movie with a dragon which is totally like a giant cat... just, like, different enough that they won't sue us".  

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:21 PM, RIPPA said:

I am thinking I might need to go with JT to see that just to keep him from causing a ruckus in the theater

I cannot watch Birth of a Nation in the theaters.  I will start setting movie seats on fire.

I had to wait until 12 Years A Slave came out on DVD so that I could watch it, get mad, and blow off steam by shooting people in the head in Destiny PvP.

I took the girlfriend and kid to go see Barbershop on Saturday and it was tremendous.  

I hate most of Key and Peele's materiel but for some reason I feel I absolutely must see Keanu.