DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

On 11/17/2016 at 7:29 PM, Burgundy LaRue said:

1st Kong preview:  "Wow!  That looks good.  They showed just enough, but maintained the suspense.  I can't wait to see the beast, but I'm glad they didn't show him here. I love the theme of not disturbing Mother Nature. I need to keep this movie on my radar."

2nd Kong preview: "WTF?  They showed everything there is to know!  Why did they put Kong in plain sight?  They should have kept other parts secret so moviegoers would be surprised when they saw it.  Why does this feel like a corny B-level action movie with bad comedy now? Meh, I'll catch it when it's on Netflix."

Playing catch up. If they had shown some of the human stuff and just saved the stuff at around the 40 second mark with the red eyes and face for the last few seconds of the second trailer, and had shown no other sign of him... holy crap. Even in the midst of that goofy ass trailer, those few seconds felt really powerful. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Belko Experiment

Starring Tony Goldwyn, John Gallagher Jr., Adria Arjona, Michael Rooker, John C McGinley, Sean Gunn, Melonie Diaz. Written by James Gunn. Directed by Greg McLean.

I debated putting this in the Horror thread but they themselves are billing it as Thriller

You had me at Rooker and McGinley. Also: ORION PICTURES?! Who the hell resurrected that cadaver?

The full trailer for The Mummy.

I am no fan of Tom Cruise and while it looks like they've sucked all of the cutesy bits from the '99 movie, I'm still excited because I'm a sucker for anything Universal horror. And it actually looks pretty decent for what it's going for.

They also kind of used the Monster Squad beginning with the monster being transported in a plane explanation.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

We are totally gonna see Tom Cruise's bare ass again

I'm good with that if it also mean that we get to see Sofia's in not withered Mummy form and it's not a body double.

The 3rd How To Train Your Dragon has been pushed to 2019. They really shouldn't even bother at this point

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (directed by Guy Ritchie) has been moved from March 24 to May 12, 2017

The movie version of CHiPS moves into the March 24 date.

Everything, Everything now arrives May 19, with Annabelle 2 debuting August 11.