DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

As if you weren't already stoked for John Wick:  Chapter 2, here is Keanu training for the close combat firearm scenes for the movie with pro shooter Jessica Hook at the Taran Tactical gun range in Simi Valley, CA..

Yeah, that's live ammo.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Have we discussed the Matt Damon Great Wall movie?

seeing the trailer in front of Dr Strange left me with a big WTH? moment. 

All the trailers have been posted in the thread but nothing much beyond that

I know that it is the biggest budget Chinense movie so far.

On 11/4/2016 at 10:27 AM, RIPPA said:

Renegades

Sure why not

JK, cashing them checks. I'm sure he's great in that role but I can't imagine it was much of a challenge for him. 

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, J.T. said:

As if you weren't already stoked for John Wick:  Chapter 2, here is Keanu training for the close combat firearm scenes for the movie with pro shooter Jessica Hook at the Taran Tactical gun range in Simi Valley, CA.

Yeah, that's live ammo.

Amazing.  It's kind of funny--everything I've read on Reeves suggests that he's a cool and down-to-earth guy IRL.  Keeps to himself, stays out of the spotlight when he isn't doing movies, helps others whenever he can.  Such a nice man--and he's the one who can kill you in 29 different ways with all the training he's done over the years for his movies.

It's always the quiet ones. :)

We're talking up Valerian in "Comic Book Projects That Don't Warrant A Thread."

There is also talk of bringing another French graphic novel series, Naja, to the big screen.

I completely forgot that the rather mediocre Sly Stallone / Sung Kang / Jason Momoa joint, Bullet To The Head, was based on the French graphic novel, Du Plomb Dans La Tête.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just in case the Ghost in the Shell trailer isn't in one of the threads I don't read due to spoilers

So you can express your OUTRAGE~! here

I think the outrage may take place in the Anime thread. 

It seems a shot for shot re-image of Ishii's film and some of the blatant cheesecake stuff has been avoided (ScarJo wearing a skeinsuit instead of going au natural while in optic camo as per Motoko Kusanagi in the animated film.).

This makes me sad because it will probably suffer from the same technobabble from Ishii's movie while totally lacking the spirit of Shirow's manga.

My three questions are:

What is the Hanka Corporation?  Where is the Seburo Corporation?  WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO BATOU? 

I already saw that movie when I played that game on Easy mode on my brother's PS3.

Neil Druckmann is an excellent game director but that is drastically different from film direction.  It is my fear that if he gets what he wants, the film's runtime will be at least nine hours.

Druckmann needs to loosen his sphincter and heed the advice of folks that know film.

Wong Kar-wai has come back from his usual sabbatical from directing.  It's been about three years since The Grandmaster came out, and now he's set to direct a film on the murder of Maurizio Gucci.. 

Interesting since rumor was that Season 3 of ABC's American Crime was also supposed to based on that case.

12 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I feel like The Last of Us would be better of as a TV mini series that could fill in the gap between a couple of seasons of The Walking Dead. Different universe and all that but I would expect most of the core audience to be the same.

I think a miniseries would be a better format for the type of immersive story that Druckmann and Sony want.

Raimi and Ghost House have good ties with Sony and they'd probably do a really good job with the material, but I am not surprised that Sony doesn't seem to be thinking "feature film" with The Last Of Us..

I thought for sure that The Last of Us would be subscription bait for PlayStation Vue and Sony would somehow make it an exclusive series for Vue customers but given that Powers didn't work out so well, I see the need for a Plan B general movie release..