DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

I will believe that there is an actual greenlit movie when they cast Nathan Drake.

Levy is also helming Arrival for which you recently posted the trailer.  That movie has a loooooooot of positive buzz going on. 

I highly recommend reading Ted Chiang's Story Of Your Life; the short story that Arrival is based on.

Yep, I think it is in the Horror thread.

And here you thought McAvoy was only shaving his head to play Professor X.

I hope I am wrong, but the casting of Anya Taylor-Joy and M. Night as the director almost spoils the ending since

Spoiler

She's been getting typecast as the psychotic ingenue in nearly everything major thing she's done since The Witch. 

Anya's character in this movie will turn out to be fucking insane and McAvoy's character will be a figment of her imagination.

It would be nice if the obligatory swerve in this M Night joint turned out to be no swerve and the movie ended like you expected it to.

Just came in on my movie feed.

Ice Cube is attached to star as Fagin in Disney's upcoming remake of the musical version of Charles Dickens's' Oliver Twist The Hollywood Reporter first reported the story, while a source connected to the production confirmed the casting to Rolling Stone.

The movie will reportedly be directed by Thomas Kail who earned a Tony Award for helming Hamilton.

At first I was like, "I'd never thought I'd live to see the day where Ice Cube, Disney, and Charles Dickens were all in the same sentence."

But then I saw that Thomas Kail is going to direct this thing, so it will probably turn out to be awesome

Apparently Gerard Butler has agreed to be in a 3rd "Has Fallen" movie

This one will be called Angel Has Fallen (supposedly the terrorists are trying to blow up Air Force One)

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

"Guys I just had a great idea for a movie.  It's kind of like "Die Hard in a tall building.""

- inevitably to be heard at Hollywood executive meeting.

Dude, there was an Anna Nicole Smith movie that on the VHS box said "it's like Die Hard... In a skyscraper!" I swear to God.

Whatever happened to Ice Cube's update to A Christmas Carol?

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Dude, there was an Anna Nicole Smith movie that on the VHS box said "it's like Die Hard... In a skyscraper!" I swear to God.

Whatever happened to Ice Cube's update to A Christmas Carol?

You sure it was an Anna Nicole Smith movie, because I recall a Direct to Cable rip of Die Hard staring Shannon Tweed in the Bruce Wilis role and Andrew Dice Clay in the Alan Rickman.  The blue screen climax was great.

Fucking Skyscraper! It has the single greatest shoe-horned sex scene I've ever seen in a movie. Anna Nicole gets her hands on a gun from one of the terrorists, regards it for a moment. There's a soft fade to a flashback of her husband teaching her how to shoot, followed by an extended softcore scene between them. Soft fade back up to Anna Nicole, still trapped in a building with terrorists, staring at the gun with a look of, "Oh yeah, I do know how to use a gun." 

5 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Fucking Skyscraper! It has the single greatest shoe-horned sex scene I've ever seen in a movie. Anna Nicole gets her hands on a gun from one of the terrorists, regards it for a moment. There's a soft fade to a flashback of her husband teaching her how to shoot, followed by an extended softcore scene between them. Soft fade back up to Anna Nicole, still trapped in a building with terrorists, staring at the gun with a look of, "Oh yeah, I do know how to use a gun." 

The only part of this that sounds nonsensical to me is that Anna Nicole Smith was capable of staring at something with a look that said something so recognizable and complex as "Oh yeah, I do know how to use a gun."

Are you sure this shouldn't read: Soft fade back up to Anna Nicole, still trapped in a building with terrorists, staring at the gun with a look of, "Oh. Me. Go. rrrrrr Oh. sleeeeeep. NO oh. rrrrrrrr." 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EVA said:

It seems he's found a different Dickens project for the moment:  he's playing Fagin in a hip-hop version of OLIVER TWIST from the director of HAMILTON.

EVA hates my post that is a mere 5 posts above his. :(

10 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

You sure it was an Anna Nicole Smith movie, because I recall a Direct to Cable rip of Die Hard staring Shannon Tweed in the Bruce Wilis role and Andrew Dice Clay in the Alan Rickman.  The blue screen climax was great.

You're thinking of

nocontest.jpg

Notice that Shannon's image was totally missing from the first print of the DVD cover.

Here is the second run.

NO+CONTEST.jpg

Even people that manage to remember this movie always forget that Roddy Piper was one of the terrorists.

I should put this in the Pixar thread but fuck it

Walt Disney Studios and Pixar announced today that the release dates for the upcoming The Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 are having a bit of a shuffle. In fact, they’re swapping dates. The Incredibles 2 will now arrive in theaters on June 15, 2018, with Toy Story 4 debuting on June 21, 2019.

Brad Bird directing Incredibles 2

John Lasseter directing Toy Story 4