DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

On 9/4/2016 at 11:10 AM, EVA said:

It's so weird that they can't seem to keep a creative team attached to that movie  Those games are so cinematic, it should be so fucking easy to make a good movie out of them.

Just do the fucking train from 2, and the boat and the plane from 3, and build the story back from there.  Done.

Agreed. There's been 3 fucking National Treasure movies and someone is having a hard time making 1 Uncharted game.

I had assumed the Benoit biopic wasn't happening any longer, but Lexi Alexander (Green Street Hooligans, Punisher: War Zone) is now attached to direct. I'm happy to see her get another shot at features, but not necessarily like this. 

Collateral Beauty

The following folks are shown in the trailer: Will Smith, Ed Norton, Kate Winslet, Helen Mirren, Keira Knightley, Michael Peña and Naomie Harris. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The first Underworld was awful. Why would anyone have watched any of the five hundred sequels?

Did you miss the parts where Kate Beckinsale wears leather catsuits?

• Like 1

I have the internet.

I watched it with a few long forgotten friends in college. They insisted it was great. Halfway through I made a couple jokes about it being so dumb they'd probably "have a vampire bite a werewolf" and "what are they going to do, hit him with a whip with silver in it?"

Jokes about the dumbest possible things they could do. Both those things then happened, with my acquaintances not believing i hadn't seen it before and I not believing how incredibly fucking awful it was.

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The first Underworld was awful. Why would anyone have watched any of the five hundred sequels?

There was nothing wrong with the first Underworld movie.  It was a perfectly fine screen adaptation of the Vampire: The Masquerade pen and paper RPG although it could've used a Tremere or two..

As a couple of my friends said back in the day, this movie and The Crow both serve the important function of giving normal dudes a means to pursue their Gothic emo girl crush without having to attend a LARP..

Now that the Crow and Underworld franchises are complete shit, nothing will save you from having to get those My Chemical Romance concert tickets.

OH SHIT, SON~!

I am totally bummed that the awesome dude that played Suge in Straight Outta Compton is not playing Suge in this movie.

If they have Demetrius Shipp recite anything from The Rose That Grew From Concrete before the ending credits or during the scenes when Pac dies, I will be an emotional mess.