DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

If you want to know everything about Skull Island - what this trailer. If you don't like knowing the plot then move along

I am setting a Sam Jackson screen time at Deep Blue Sea

1st Kong preview:  "Wow!  That looks good.  They showed just enough, but maintained the suspense.  I can't wait to see the beast, but I'm glad they didn't show him here. I love the theme of not disturbing Mother Nature. I need to keep this movie on my radar."

2nd Kong preview: "WTF?  They showed everything there is to know!  Why did they put Kong in plain sight?  They should have kept other parts secret so moviegoers would be surprised when they saw it.  Why does this feel like a corny B-level action movie with bad comedy now? Meh, I'll catch it when it's on Netflix."

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Cars 3 teaser aka Cars gets super dark

This is one of the few times where I'm glad my daughter is 13 going on 14. 

I will hate it this weekend when I end up going to see Moana by myself.

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dear Marty, 

We know Silence is gonna be awesome and all, but please, can we get The Irishman, with or without Pesci, before everyone drops dead? Thanks. 

Sincerely,

All your fans

I swear it was suppose to start principal photography in February or March. 

11 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

There's a bit of swearing in the trailer

Looks like they forgot everything that made the first one really, really good. That saddens me a bit. 

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/sundance-film-festival-2017-lineup-surprises-highlights-david-lowery-alex-ross-perry-anton-yelchin-1201751317/

Article about next year's Sundance Festival says:

For months now, there have been rumors and semi-confirmations about a secret project directed by David Lowery, a Sundance favorite whose short film “Pioneer” screened at the festival before he made his competition debut with “Ain’t Them Bodies Saints.” Though Lowery headed to the studio arena this past year with “Pete’s Dragon,” he also found time to squeeze in a smaller, stranger project that reunited him with “Saints” stars Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara.

“A Ghost Story,” shot in Lowery’s native Dallas last summer, finds Lowery heading to the NEXT category — a designation that some filmmakers may shun as a lower-profile sidebar, even as it has become the most exciting arena for discovery in the lineup. And “A Ghost Story” certainly does have an intriguing premise: Affleck reportedly shows very little of his face in the film, spending much of the running time draped in a sheet as he haunts a house filled with residents that include Mara and Will Oldham, who last worked with Lowery on “Pioneer.” The odd magical realism of the premise and the cast suggest a merging of Lowery’s quixotic earlier efforts with the resources he has gained in recent years.

The Belko Experiment

Starring Tony Goldwyn, John Gallagher Jr., Adria Arjona, Michael Rooker, John C McGinley, Sean Gunn, Melonie Diaz. Written by James Gunn. Directed by Greg McLean.

I debated putting this in the Horror thread but they themselves are billing it as Thriller

• Like 2