DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

OH SHIT, SON~!

I am totally bummed that the awesome dude that played Suge in Straight Outta Compton is not playing Suge in this movie.

If they have Demetrius Shipp recite anything from The Rose That Grew From Concrete before the ending credits or during the scenes when Pac dies, I will be an emotional mess.

Now that they got Biggie and Pac out the way, can we get a Big L movie? I mean, underground wunderkind who influences damn near everybody but gets snuffed out before he can make it big because he couldn't resist dipping back into the street life. There's money in that story son...

• Like 2

Hey, another movie with a gang of actors I love. I will watch just about anything with Michael Shannon in it at this point.

Also, that's a well made trailer. I don't have a good idea of what it is, who anyone is, and there's a ton of mystery left despite showing a lot of interesting imagery. 

I just wish there was more money behind the 2Pac film.  Straight Outta Compton had everything going for it.  2Pac is the most popular hip-hop artist of all time, no reason a big time production company shouldn't have been all over this. Morgan Creek fell off. There's no distribution for this right now. It should have a wide release.  I'm very disappointed.

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

No way, really? You'd think somebody -- ANYBODY -- would be all over this for distribution, especially after Straight Outta Compton blew up.

Last I read still no release date and there's also an issue where the rights to use his music are supposed to go back to his estate in 2017 which would mean most likely they wouldn't be able to use any of his music in the film which would just be devastating.  I've heard some good things about some of the acting performances but it's just something that to me should be done by a better team.  I think Singleton was attached at one point.  I don't really trust Benny Boom on something of this magnitude. 

Then Pac's mom died a few months back also..  I'm just not seeing how this will be successful right now.

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Since Afeni died who owns the estate? Hopefully the film would be good enough to convince whoever to give up the rights for some hefty royalty checks. 

It was a part of Jampol Artist Management as of 2013, but now music exec Tom Whalley (who signed Pac to his first deal and is already super rich) is looking after it instead of Afeni. I heard she trusted Whalley and that's why it is him, but who knows?

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, RIPPA said:

Okay - these go hand in hand (and I posted the Kate Becomes Christine before)

Kate Becomes Christine

Christine

A couple of great looking movies about what is probably the most depressing topic ever.

So, hypothetically suppose you've just left a TV show where you play one of the most villainous villains in the history of the medium. Where do you go from there? How do you follow it up? Who do you play next?

Adolf-the-Artist-Rupert-Grint-Iwan-Rheon

Hitler!