DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

Dear Guy Ritchie: Please stop. It's getting beyond a joke. Can't you just let Rocco have one parent he isn't mortifyingly embarrassed by?

On 10-10-2016 at 9:33 PM, RIPPA said:

Hollywood Reporter is saying that Guy Ritchie of all people will be the director for the like action Aladdin remake

Foul-mouthed Robin Williams would have made this great.

Also, are they just playing off the universal hatred for Justin Bieber with the new John Wick?

KING COBRA

Starring Christian Slater, James Franco, Alicia Silverstone, Molly Ringwold

NOTE -- This is a greenband trailer, but the subject matter is quite NSFW. Spoilered for a semi-NSFW still.

Spoiler

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:43 PM, RIPPA said:

Sadly no sign of Kronos or Saturn

Or these guys:

As for the WWE movie, Scott Adkins and Wade Barrett trying to kill each other?  I'm in!

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And then there is this fucking thing

The Boss Baby

Is this a children's version of Orphan?

It's a little dangerous to stoke childrens' natural insecurities about new babies in the family.

They couldn't get Bruce Willis for the baby? 

The Arrival...man, I don't know.  I love alien invasion movies but a film about a translator's rush to, what, translate correctly in time to avoid a catastrophe?  It sounds like a bit of a stretch.  I hope the aliens don't tell her they've arrived on Earth to serve man.

Trial By Fire, it was part of the '90s version of The Outer Limits. Granted, I'm guessing it could have lifted the premise from a Twilight Zone episode though I don't remember a story quite like that in the original series.

"How To Cook Forty Humans"

I've seen Arrival, it's very good, and it does not end with "the aliens want to eat us!"  Although I do want to rewatch it when it comes out, because there was some weirdness that I'm not sure holds up under scrutiny.

Disney's A Wrinkle In Time (directed by Ava DuVernay!) is slowly adding cast members.

Given the casting of Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Dr. Murry and Storm Reid as Meg, I am sure that there will be screams of outrage because of the modern multicultural reimaging.  No word on the casting of the rest of the Murry family or for Meg's teen angst boyfriend, Calvin O'Keefe.

The Mrs. W's will be Reese Witherspoon (Mrs. Whatsit), Mindy Kaling (Mrs. Who), Oprah Winfrey (Mrs. Which),

It doesn't look like there have been any casting moves made for IT or the Man with the Red Eyes.