DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

On 12/15/2016 at 10:39 AM, RIPPA said:

Boss Baby

Somehow it is even worse in the 2nd trailer

So it's Toy Story and The Secret Life of Pets but with infants, gross-out jokes, and absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. RIPPA, you owe me 3 minutes of my life back, pal. 

Weird Patriot Day trailer/hype video

And there is something in the last 5 seconds of the trailer that has me so infuriated at the entire movie (not that I wasn't going to be anyway)

I dig the Blade Runner 2049 trailer but an aging Ryan Gosling makes me sad because he's now too old to play Logan 5 in the Nicholas Refn Logan's Run reimaging that will never ever ever happen.

Last I heard, WB had optioned another treatment from Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Apocalypse, urgh...) and is asking Ryan Condal (co-creator of USA’s Colony) to write the screenplay.  WB has abandoned the idea of a remake and wants to do something a bit more loyal to Nolan's 1977 novel right down to lastday being 21 years old instead of 30 and a hard PG-13 / possible R rating.

The last bit still creeps me out a bit.  Are you really going to have all of the stuff in Logan's Run with a cast made up mostly of minors?

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

WB has abandoned the idea of a remake and wants to do something a bit more loyal to Nolan's 1977 novel right down to lastday being 21 years old instead of 30 and a hard PG-13 / possible R rating.

The last bit still creeps me out a bit.  Are you really going to have all of the stuff in Logan's Run with a cast made up mostly of minors?

Gotta get that Post Apocalyptic Teen Dystopia money before that train leaves town for good

I just cant't get behind Ryan Gosling in action movies. I used to work with someone who looked a lot like him, and that guy was a complete pussy (nb: He also got a lot of pussy). We used to call him lesbian training wheels because so many of his ex-girlfriends left him for other women. I suggested that it was because if a woman was questioning her sexual orientation, it would make sense for them to go out with the least masculine man imaginable before they tried women. He became really whiny and passive aggressive after that, it was really annoying.

I don't see him anymore. I crushed his dreams. He used to taunt us about his ability to get the all chicks, to get the girls he knew we wanted more, but his one unachievable dream woman, the unattainable ideal of female beauty that he wants but can never have, left her husband and and went out with me. He was so upset he left the country.

I have watched Drive. Gosling playing badass takes me out of the movie. If he wanted to play the lothario, that's acceptable. But I can't buy him winning a fight, or intimidating anyone.

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

I have watched Drive. Gosling playing badass takes me out of the movie. If he wanted to play the lothario, that's acceptable. But I can't buy him winning a fight, or intimidating anyone.

Waitafuckingminute. Dude, you watch MMA. That applies to like 70% of known MMA fighters. I am safely assuming like most of those dudes can put you in intensive care. If I didn't watch MMA and had to pick a fight with either Ryan Gosling or Joe Lauzon on the street, I would pick Lauzon all the way. He always looks like he is late for a LAN party.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Lauzon doesn't look like little Andy. Gosling does. Besides which:

Joe-Lauzon-UFC-123-PreFight-450x260.jpg vsryan_gosling.jpg

Compare the shoulder width. Compare the cauliflower ears.

Nope, I'm still picking ole J-Lau. Shit, add Tamdan McCrory (pre 2015 return before he added muscle mass) to that as well. Tall, lanky balding pale man in his 20s who looks like an introvert IT guy? Oh yeah, I'm swinging on him. I would try to fight them both before fighting Gosling.

You don't know little Andy. He used to have long blonde hair. When the Fellowship of the Ring came out, someone told him their was a character in it that looked just like him. He said "Who, Legolas?". She said "No, Galadriel". And I can't see Ryan Gosling without seeing him.

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

You don't know little Andy. He used to have long blonde hair. When the Fellowship of the Ring came out, someone told him their was a character in it that looked just like him. He said "Who, Legolas?". She said "No, Galadriel". And I can't see Ryan Gosling without seeing him.

...But he doesn't look like Galadriel.

I know. He was very sensitive about his lack of masculinity. Largely because we constantly mocked him for his lack of masculinity. Y'know, stuff like you'd ask him what sort of milk he wanted in his tea, and he'd say Semi-Skimmed. And instantly it's "Oh, like a Woman would have. Gotcha."

Real men drink Full Cream milk by the way.

nb: To clarify, I know these stories make me look like an unrepentant bully. The thing is, he was a guy who all he had going for him was good looks and charisma, but that allowed him to be the guy who did 10% of the work and got 90% of the credit. Boss would tell the two of us to move some bags of coal to the second bunker. He'd pick up one 10kg bag with both hands and walk, then drop it in place (so the bag breaks half the time). I'd sling 3x25kg bags over my shoulder and jog, then set them down gently. Go back in the shop and the boss says "Thanks Andy".

Also, we're supposed to get a half hour break every shift. He takes a ten minute fag (cigarette) break every hour, and still thinks he deserves the half hour as well. I was the guy who worked there, he was just paid the same as me to do much less and be a bitch about it. Spend four hours complaining that he's hungry, eat half a Mars bar and complain for the next four hours that he's eaten too much and he might be sick. And he picks up girls he doesn't fancy because he knows you do like them. So if it sounds like he had a hard time, rest assured he deserved it. And that's who I see when I look at Ryan Gosling. So Ryan Gosling can kiss my arse.