DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-28-15

MGFanJay

Is Dog the Bounty Hunter still a thing?  Have an angle next Monday where Vince skipped bail and is being pursued by him.

Were the Wyatts even on the show last night?

I think the Wyatts were a part of the other half of the split crew.

Sasha would be so interesting if they made her about technical arrogance rather than just the standard diva shrieking about "classiness" or whatever. If her arrogance was based on her technique being beautiful and unbeatable and they put her against someone like Becky they could push as an all-heart brawler, then you have an actual wrestling based storyline.

Let Sasha win and you've got a Shawn Michaels heel waiting for her Bret Hart.

I swear this doesn't seem that goddamn hard.

• Like 1

Can they just turn the crowd mic down from now on? I'm having trouble making it through the opening segment.

Might also help if they cut the mics in the performers' hands as well. If that doesn't work, hit mute or FF.

Man I haven't watched a full WWE show (maybe a match even, at least for the main roster shows) since Cena went away, I just wanted to see Vince act like a goof and put Roman over real strong, I think I can bitch a little about the crowd ruining what would've been a very good segment to me.

Can they just turn the crowd mic down from now on? I'm having trouble making it through the opening segment.

Might also help if they cut the mics in the performers' hands as well. If that doesn't work, hit mute or FF.
Man I haven't watched a full WWE show (maybe a match even, at least for the main roster shows) since Cena went away, I just wanted to see Vince act like a goof and put Roman over real strong, I think I can bitch a little about the crowd ruining what would've been a very good segment to me.

Yeah, the crowd is what ruined that segment. Not the writing, trying to re-create Austin/McMahon with Roman Reigns, but the fans. Different strokes for different folks.

The crowd chanting for Bryan and especially Punk was just them being annoying shits, because they popped for both Vince and Roman when they came out only to immediately be annoying before anything was even said. And then started the YES chants when Vince got arrested. I don't think they were upset with the segment, they just wanted to chant shit. 

Crowds just want to chant shit, even if it doesn't make sense or if they don't even mean it. Just having fun chanting dumb stuff.

• Like 2

The whole thing is that to have their women's division elevated - they need to have a long match that is average at best that dies in front of a shitty crowd AND THEN LET THEM TRY AGAIN.

The men are afforded this luxury.

One of my favorite things about The Revolution has been the increase in time the women's matches are getting on the main shows. We used to only see that on PPVs or B shows. And I really hope that the reception this match got doesn't change that. Even though the stuff we've seen from the women has not been on the level of their NXT stuff (and I blame a lot of that on the poor story telling), there has still been a lot of quality in-ring work overall.

Yeah, the crowd is what ruined that segment. Not the writing, trying to re-create Austin/McMahon with Roman Reigns, but the fans. Different strokes for different folks.

Not begrudging you your right to bitch. Go forth and do as you feel. I was simply making a shit attempt at humour.

I watch Raw on the regular and hate the format that calls for overwrought promo segments to begin every show. It washes over me at this point. I tolerate it as long as I can before tuning out and hitting FF. I don't disagree about the crowd. They were looking for a reason. 

I've enjoyed most of Sasha's main roster work so far. Her and Becky may have been more off than usual, but their TLC preshow match a few weeks ago was very good. I thought it was cool they at least tried giving them 15 minutes considering their last Raw match was under 5. Elsewhere in her main roster run so far, I really dug a couple matches Sasha had with Paige in July-Sept, some of Paige's better stuff this year as well. Also while Sasha doesn't have a definitive direction currently, they have for the most part protected her from taking many losses.

So Roman Reigns wins my subtle moment of RAW for his reactions to Vince's antics with the police last night and trying to slyly get the mic under the arresting officer's mouth

Roman's improv was good last night.  The reactions to Vince's arrest and Steph's wailing, the microphone, the 'selective hearing' crack when the crowd was chanting about not hearing Vince--all very funny.

Agreed, thought he came off very well in there with Vince.

I didn't mind the opening segment as much but like most of that sort of shit, they just drag it out too long and it becomes too clunky and clumsy.  So your idea is to disparage Roman's family in order to piss him off enough to the point of hitting you where you then bring out Steph and the cops to arrest Roman only to have it backfire.  That's not the worst thing in the world to me but they just don't execute it well.  

The League of Nations would work so much better not aligned with the Authority.  Have Lana be the evil leader of the group.  They could transition that group into being the main heel faction in the promotion or one of anyway.  And they could slowly transition away the Authority and not have the actual WWE as the main heel and maybe even create some spots where they come out and act as a face.  

The League of Nations would work so much better not aligned with the Authority.  Have Lana be the evil leader of the group.  They could transition that group into being the main heel faction in the promotion or one of anyway.  And they could slowly transition away the Authority and not have the actual WWE as the main heel and maybe even create some spots where they come out and act as a face.  

This is too logical and reasonable for them to work. Plus I would not be surprised if certain people in the company were like "whoa wait...we all ready have one evil bitch...we can't have two...no offense Steph". This is the same company that years ago let go of Angela Fong because they had Gail Kim on the roster because people might confuse em. Plus you know there's all that bullshit about Lana and Rusev off screen. It's a reality era but when it's reality they don't craft they get all pissy about it.

I've still got 75 minutes to go on the show, but here's my gripe: they put the belt on Roman and the ratings went up. However:

1. You can argue that ratings went up because they announced Mr. McMahon was making an appearance;

2. The week after is the Slammys...where ratings were also up, but the Slammy gimmick always gets people interested;

3. This week you load the show with another Vince siting, AND the return of John Cena  in the Main Event.

Just let the kid have a show to himself and see: did the ratings first go up in the hopes Roman would get fired in the end? Do people really give two shits, ratings-wise, that he has the strap?

The best moment of that segment was Vince and Roman playing off the crowd. Say what you want about the chants, but it would have been less interesting without them. The crowd acting up was the only reason I didn't fast forward.

Exactly. Vince/Roman in the ring would normally be complete fast-forward material. The chants forced them to go off-script and work with the crowd. I also enjoyed the sentiment - it was like the crowd was trying to fast-forward this crap, but in doing so helped the dudes in the ring step it up a bit.

Show also worked with the PLEASE RETIRE later that night, which I thought was kinda cool. Even if I have no interest at all in the guy and think it's ridiculous that he'd be going over Ryback at this stage.

I just watched it yesterday, after a long day of disappointing Bowl games, so seeing something that didn't let me down and trended in the other direction was especially nice.

The Owens/Ambrose feud is fun. Sasha/Becky was a good time despite the BORING stuff (which really wasn't nearly as loud as plenty of other chants that night) and 'Vince In Jail!' was great stupid WWE stuff.

And yeah, Cena being back helped. Hopefully Reigns' title run gets demoted like everyone else's in the Cena era, but I doubt that happens.