DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 7 December 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Glad to see WWE's views on African Americans have progressed.

Hey it could have been worse.  There was a Trump rally in the same city and I am sure Vince would have love some dumb shit with New Day there

That being said, I don't mind see Sasha Banks shaking what her momma gave her  ;)

• Like 1

Glad to see WWE's views on African Americans have progressed.

I can see what you mean but I have to believe they are enjoying the shit out of what they do (at least New Day anyway) because I can't see the writers even understanding half of what they are saying week to week.

No shit.  If there's one thing WWE doesn't deserve any credit for creating whatsoever, it's the New Day. 

Tater Tots is the new Fruity Pebbles. HEY IF IT WORKED FOR THE ROCK AND ROMAN IS ROCK LITE...

So I was asleep for like the first two hours of this show and woke up to see Miz TV. Not a good way to wake up. I was amused to see Flair say he'll be in Charlotte's corner and she mouthed to him "you are?". Good to know they let talent in on these things. I almost wanted to see Paige put Ric in the PTO. He would have done it. I did laugh at him saying GET HER CHARLOTTE. Yeah this revolution thing just isn't working.

I will say though later in the night when Zeb drove away from Swagger, that cracked me up. Best No F's given gif to be made ever.

So yeah that ending. Big changes. Can't wait to see those numbers for that third hour.

It's amazing what can happen when you let the talent dictate the angle instead of someone else.

They can job to the Lucha Dragons?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was all Bad Day...did you notice how quickly they went to commercial to end that?

Blowing a trombone behind somebody's bouncing ass is NOT PG.

At some point during this I genuinely couldn't remember if it was this week or last week or next week that that other week that I was watching and living. 

It's all just so exactly the same of an endless blur.

Also Sasha Banks' utter inability to dance without looking like a spaz makes her better to me.

I've only watched the opening match/angle so far, but part of what's missing in WWE is that genuine crowd reaction to Rhyno-Reigns that was super organic and generated a real "Oh Shit!" buzz, so instead of calling an audible and letting those two exchange some bombs, instead they have it quickly interrupted by Sheamus et al.

• Like 1

My reaction when someone tells me Tommy Dreamer has wrestled on Monday Night Raw each of the last two weeks, in the year 2015:

title729606141.png

This is the rest of the audience's reaction: 

bAjxhTH.gif

• Like 4

One of the best workers in the business and THIS is what they have her do. Fuck this company everyday and twice on Sunday...

Eh, I can't really get behind this. New Day is the only act that feels organic in any way and they have good chemistry with BAD. Anything that allows Sasha to show some personality and build a connection with the audience is going to be very beneficial for her in the long run.

For maybe 1/10th of a second, I thought something big was actually going to happen when the Wyatts interrupted the LON. Then my conscious brain kicked in and said "No it's gonna be gang warz, don't get your hopes up" and sure enough, out comes the unironic ECW nostalgia act in 2015.

Owens/Ziggler was decent. I don't know if they actually announced this or not, but Breeze/Ziggler screams pre-show match, which is just sad for Tyler.

Nice to see they have no idea where they're going with Charlotte/Paige. Did lol at Flair yelling "Get her" though.

At least the Mex-America angle shows WWE will abandon some things that suck. Swagger and Del Rio feuding again, the circle of midcard life continues.

If I said I needed one .gif from this show, you'd probably assume it was the Sasha booty dance, but nope... It's Xavier laying down and blowing the trombone in Sin Cara's face with his eyebrows moving to the beat.

• Like 1

I didn't watch, but I read that the Wyatts jobbed to Tommy fucking Dreamer in 2015. 

Then I laughed.

Then I wished that they'd just pull the trigger on making Big E the WWE champ and give up on any other plans they have. 

Then I went back to watching old NWA shows on the Network.

I've only watched the opening match/angle so far, but part of what's missing in WWE is that genuine crowd reaction to Rhyno-Reigns that was super organic and generated a real "Oh Shit!" buzz, so instead of calling an audible and letting those two exchange some bombs, instead they have it quickly interrupted by Sheamus et al.

That was a cool moment, watching two guys measuring each other--and then FELLA comes in and the moment is gone.

They probably should call an audible to put the belt on Reigns at TLC, allowing him to turn at least semi-heel.  That would lead to full babyface Lesnar to win the Royal Rumble and a rematch with the roles reversed.  I don't know.  I'm fantasy booking and it's late.  But when the WHC gets mocked as a tater tot, the only way he can get some heat is to beat the hell out of Reigns on Sunday with the League of Nations in tow.

I've come to terms with the fact that Braun Strowman is my favorite WWE wrestler.

I think it's because he's the only one on the entire show that works different (because he's big and he can't do much) but I like him.

Bray should just be the promo guy for Strowman and Harper as a Road Warriors-esque tag team.

• Like 1

But instead of steamrolling and stiffing their opponents, they lose 2 straight falls to the Usos and lose to Tommy Dreamer?

I definitely think that's one thing that is a bit of a lost art form for a lot of modern wrestlers (not just WWE). Every match is trying to be a ***** classic and in doing so, a great deal of character wrestling is lost. Bray wrestlers mostly like how Bray ought to. Haven't seen much of Strowman but he too works like he should. Harper can get too cute with his stuff sometimes. Then there's like 1000 Dolphs just trying to entertain the WWE Universe.

• Like 2

I've come to terms with the fact that Braun Strowman is my favorite WWE wrestler.

I think it's because he's the only one on the entire show that works different (because he's big and he can't do much) but I like him.

Bray should just be the promo guy for Strowman and Harper as a Road Warriors-esque tag team.

This actually makes a lot of sense.  And he has an aura to him, like when he gets in the ring, there's a kind of a hushed "Uh oh" vibe that comes over the audience.

This actually makes a lot of sense.  And he has an aura to him, like when he gets in the ring, there's a kind of a hushed "Uh oh" vibe that comes over the audience.

Remember just two short years ago when the rest of the Wyatts had that vibe, too?

In another year, Strowman will be JAG like the rest of them. 

I like Strowman for a big tank of a wrestler too. I mean, his finisher is a fucking modified bearhug but actually looks kind of cool. And he yells really well.

I also like Rusev. When he actually sells he does all these great staggers and wobbles like a big teetering jello man. He also yells well.

• Like 1