DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

If he's out long term, Bray should use the Undertaker powers to brainwash Sheamus into giving him the briefcase.

I'm not even joking a tiny bit.

Edit: They should do that anyway, whether he's out or not.

• Like 2

Honestly, Sheamus as a Goth Irish Wyatt might be the best use of him in 2015 outside of (GOD DAMN FINALLY) teaming with Barrett.

Repackage Sheamus as goth and pair him with Paige. All their promos can be lyrics lifted from Bauhaus, Joy Division, The Smiths, The Cure, etc.

• Like 1

I love it, even though I've never seen anyone pinned with one in 15 years.

Tim Horner's was great.  He added that bridge at the end.

After watching early SMW, while I respect Tim Horner and his abilities, I hated the fact his finisher was a fucking roll-up with a bridge. I'm a simple man, but you can't sell me that as a finisher.

Because nobody ever retires in wrestling so why wait for them to retire. Not to mention 15 years of a career is usually enough in this industry to detiemine if one is HOF quality or not.

I hate all wrestling HOF's to be fair. But I understand that particular rule.

Because nobody ever retires in wrestling so why wait for them to retire. Not to mention 15 years of a career is usually enough in this industry to detiemine if one is HOF quality or not.

I hate all wrestling HOF's to be fair. But I understand that particular rule.

Yeah but maybe push the requirements back a little?  Look at Kurt Angle who I feel only got in because the voters had a hard-on for inducting someone "legit" to help allay their fake fighting insecurities.  FFS the guy was only in the business for 6 years.  If eligibility started at 45 instead of 35 would he be in?  Does his amateur gold medal and 8 years (on and off due to injuries) in WWE offset a decade languishing in a distant, hapless #2 promotion?  He's a guy who absolutely got in too early, way before he could be judged properly.  Yes, wrestlers never retire, but 35 is just too young. 

Another guy who got in as soon as he was eligible was Benoit.  You want to tell me that he would have gotten in if the age limit or number of years in wrestling was further back? 

So, if Rollins is hurt and out for awhile, would having Sheamus cash in on him in a short match and win followed by Reigns winning the title at Survivor Series be the most disappointing way that they've started a first WWE Championship reign for a guy that they want to headline for them? I figure Bret Hart winning the gold off Ric Flair on a non-televised match would be number one on the list, but this theoretical situation could be worse than that. 

They could work the injury into the story--have Rollins say that he gave so much of himself to the European fans, that he's too spent and can't give his best at Survivors Series and he doesn't want to cheat his American fans so close to the holidays..  You could even have him do it without consulting The Authority--which further builds a riff between him and HHH.  It pushes Reigns' title run to Royal Rumble or better yet, WM.  They just have to figure out the Sheamus angle.