DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 ANIMATED GIFS

I wish La Parka had hit him flat on the face to really give it a pointless feel. Wasn't he one of the guys Goldberg hurt really badly, like a torn ACL or something or was that another dude.

Edit: From his wiki. Must've been a minor tear or it wasn't his ACL to only be out 3 months.

In June 1998, La Parka tore his ACL while receiving a spear from Bill Goldberg. The injury would keep him out of the ring until September 1998. In 1999 on an episode of Thunder, Goldberg ripped La Parka's arm out of its socket after a botched move.

I wish La Parka had hit him flat on the face to really give it a pointless feel. Wasn't he one of the guys Goldberg hurt really badly, like a torn ACL or something or was that another dude.

Edit: From his wiki. Must've been a minor tear or it wasn't his ACL to only be out 3 months.

In June 1998, La Parka tore his ACL while receiving a spear from Bill Goldberg. The injury would keep him out of the ring until September 1998. In 1999 on an episode of Thunder, Goldberg ripped La Parka's arm out of its socket after a botched move.

I could've sworn the injury was actually some cracked or broken ribs.

Also, I think Parka hit him with one of the smaller plastic folding chairs, so it's not quite as concussion-inducing as it looks.  Still stupid, just not AS stupid.

He should have made out with it to really sell it. It's amazing when morons living in the 80's and guys with no idea what they're doing(Hogan and Warrior) are given full creative control. Their 1998 feud is what you get.

• Like 1

I was going to ask how much getting that head made cost WCW, but they gave Hogan TWO motorcycles earlier in the show (one painted up with his face on it) so it's definitely the thin end of the wedge.

I wouldn't doubt that it probably cost them some stupid amount of money. This is the company that every time they needed a crow for a Sting appearance or promo, they would have to pay $5,000 to fly in the crow, the crow's handler and a BACK-UP CROW!

I was going to ask how much getting that head made cost WCW, but they gave Hogan TWO motorcycles earlier in the show (one painted up with his face on it) so it's definitely the thin end of the wedge.

I wouldn't doubt that it probably cost them some stupid amount of money. This is the company that every time they needed a crow for a Sting appearance or promo, they would have to pay $5,000 to fly in the crow, the crow's handler and a BACK-UP CROW!

That seems reasonable compared to the alleged $100,000 spent on the Junkyard Invitational.

tumblr_nvkgjp0MXo1t3w7eio1_250.gif

tumblr_nvkaz6G2BD1t3w7eio1_400.gif

See, if Dean Ambrose did more of that more often, when he occassionally rebounded and hit the Lariat it would be a cool thing that happened. Instead of a goofy move that there's no reason why you'd do it like that.

• Like 1

That seems reasonable compared to the alleged $100,000 spent on the Junkyard Invitational.

Or the six figures Lanny Poffo was paid to sit at home.

tumblr_nvkgjp0MXo1t3w7eio1_250.gif

tumblr_nvkaz6G2BD1t3w7eio1_400.gif

See, if Dean Ambrose did more of that more often, when he occassionally rebounded and hit the Lariat it would be a cool thing that happened. Instead of a goofy move that there's no reason why you'd do it like that.

This post made me imagine how a younger Terry Funk might hit a rebound clothesline. It was glorious.