DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

The only things I've ever seen her in are two episodes of Royal Pains, one of Leverage, and one of Once Upon a Time. I'm not one of those.

Maybe i got bad twitter info. I thought someone said she would be played by

emma caufield

So Riddler desecrates corpses now? Gotham would be a great show, if it wasn't weighted down by having to be a Bat-show. Like, if it was just a generic, comic-style show with original characters, there would be little to no problem with it.

So Riddler desecrates corpses now? Gotham would be a great show, if it wasn't weighted down by having to be a Bat-show. Like, if it was just a generic, comic-style show with original characters, there would be little to no problem with it.

Ah, I forgot to mention this after I saw it on Monday.

I actually liked the direction they went with the Riddler this week. Yes, it was blatantly derivative of Tyler Durden (right down to the way Nygma's more assertive personality flickered on the screen), but I thought it was pretty clever how the Riddler's first riddle was to...himself. I also like how they tweaked the character so that, going forward, the riddles are less about proving he's smarter than everybody else, and more about the thrill Nygma gets from almost getting caught. (Which is actually brilliant for a prequel show, because you can actually have him be successful and keep feeding that impulse until he eventually meets his match in Batman.)

That's probably the best new spin on an established character that the show has come up with.

• Like 1

It's amazing the leap in quality that FLASH takes whenever Tom Cavanaugh takes center stage, as whichever version of Wells he happens to be playing at the time. He is unquestionably the straw that stirs the drink on that show.

Catching up on Supergirl. I knew I had seen the guy who played Hank Henshaw before then I realized it, he was in Doctor Who as that guy who had The Master brought back to life!

He also has one of the greatest scene chewing roles in the criminally underrated/viewed Selfie.

I hate you guys. How could you not recognize MOTHERFUCKING CAPTAIN POISON?!

Was Constantine good?

Because he was pretty awesome on Arrow.

Matt Ryan was indeed quite good. The show itself was...alright-ish? It was one of those shows that was just good enough to make you kinda mad that it wasn't better.

It would be awesome if they could find a place for Ryan's take on Constantine in the CW-verse. Maybe just turn that Justice League Dark movie they keep kicking around into a TV show.

• Like 1

I really want to see Constantine on an episode of The Flash. Something tells me he'd fit in with the crazy Silver Age world of that show a bit more than he did on Arrow.

With that being said,nit was a good episode. I wish they'd given more time to the Constantine stuff. That's the thing about this season of Arrow so far is that there's a lot of good stuff they don't give nearly enough time to.

I have to say that I've been very pleased with how they've handled Damien Darhk.  Keeping interaction between he and the heroes to a minimum, while also keeping him present in every episode.  Doing a great job of painting him as a different type of villain.

• Like 1

Was Constantine good?

Matt Ryan was indeed quite good. The show itself was...alright-ish? It was one of those shows that was just good enough to make you kinda mad that it wasn't better.

It would be awesome if they could find a place for Ryan's take on Constantine in the CW-verse. Maybe just turn that Justice League Dark movie they keep kicking around into a TV show.

I liked Constantine and Zed, just about everything else was OK, but not great.  It is a show that given the time to iron out all of their wrinkles could have been good, but they didn't have that time. 

Ah, I forgot to mention this after I saw it on Monday.

I actually liked the direction they went with the Riddler this week. Yes, it was blatantly derivative of Tyler Durden (right down to the way Nygma's more assertive personality flickered on the screen), but I thought it was pretty clever how the Riddler's first riddle was to...himself. I also like how they tweaked the character so that, going forward, the riddles are less about proving he's smarter than everybody else, and more about the thrill Nygma gets from almost getting caught. (Which is actually brilliant for a prequel show, because you can actually have him be successful and keep feeding that impulse until he eventually meets his match in Batman.)

That's probably the best new spin on an established character that the show has come up with.

My main problem is where does the character go from here? He's already dismembered a corpse, is he really gonna start robbing banks or something?

I do agree that the motivation for why he leaves riddles is pretty great, but the character went from 0-60 in about 2 seconds.

Was Constantine good?

It was okay. NBC kind of wanted it to be a supernatural police procedural which hurt it a lot. You could feel the network and the creators pushing against each other over what they wanted it to be. They were building up to the Spectre, Doctor Fate, and Dangerous Habits which could have been cool. Got more brazen about his smoking. Generally it was getting pretty good when it got cancelled.

Matt Ryan was perfect in the role from the first episode though. I'd love to see a more horror take show up on the CW as a DCU pairing for Supernatural.