DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

From watching, it looks like they only really did one bit of stuff that is confusing at first, but you can fill in how it happened.  No idea if they did anything with the unaired episode with Crenshaw or not.

I am wondering if they have Crenshaw go full on Cyborg Superman toward the end of the season if he's the Big Bad and not Astra.

I am still watching Gotham and I enjoy watching Riddler complete his turn to the darkside. Hoping they wrap up the Galavan story soon.

I really enjoyed Grodd getting extended screen time this week. I don't know why but I am not feeling the chemistry between Barry and his new cop girlfriend.  

Dug the shot of Gorilla City,  Was meh about everything else in the ep.  Really hated Henry showing up as a deus ex machina life coach.  For one thing, my first thought was "How'd Iris find him?"  Barry seemed to not know that his dad was out camping, so it seems unlikely Henry told the Wests.  And, really, after a couple decades in prison, you can either (a) spend time with the son who always believed in you and worked tirelessly to exonerate you, or ( B ) go camping.  Gee, that's a real "Father of the Year" choice right there.

Not that it's a bad character choice, but they could have framed this so much better.  It'd make a lot more sense if they had spent a couple of episodes showing Henry trying and failing to adjust to city life, then leaving town.  The writing this season has been kinda bland, especially when it comes to character bits.

Also, was there a reason everyone expected the Wells switcheroo to work?  Wouldn't a telepathic gorilla just read Harry 2's mind and realize he wasn't "Father"?

The bit about the rifts not deposting you in the same geographic location on other earths makes me think the singularities are either manmade or at least being manipulated by someone?  Harry?  Although how they know that Gorilla City is not in the same geographic location on Earth 2 is beyond me.  Did someone toss an Earth 2 atlas through the rift?  I guess maybe Harry has thoroughly compared Earth 1 and 2 geography?

Edit: Thinking about it, the plotting was good this ep (aside from Henry).  Grodd wanting someone to make more sentient gorillas so he wouldn't be alone was a good take on the character.

The bit about the rifts not deposting you in the same geographic location on other earths makes me think the singularities are either manmade or at least being manipulated by someone?  Harry?  Although how they know that Gorilla City is not in the same geographic location on Earth 2 is beyond me.  Did someone toss an Earth 2 atlas through the rift?  I guess maybe Harry has thoroughly compared Earth 1 and 2 geography?

Edit: Thinking about it, the plotting was good this ep (aside from Henry).  Grodd wanting someone to make more sentient gorillas so he wouldn't be alone was a good take on the character.

I thought the ear plugs were there to keep Grodd from penetrating Wells' mind. 

Somebody directed the hell out of the fight scenes on ARROW tonight.

Interestingly enough, the director of tonight's episode as James Bamford. This was his first directing credit, but he's been a stuntman/stunt coordinator for years. He probably just innately knows how to shoot fight scenes well by now.

• Like 1

Tbh if an organization for people with disabilities comes at Flash for insensitivity, it'll have deserved it.

Also they need to stop using his healing like he's Wolverine. It's a Geoff Johns thing, which is why but ugh. Recovering from wounds where the shock kills you more than the damage because you heal faster than the shock can hit you? Fine. Nothing about healing faster would fix a broken back or any other injury that doesnt heal naturally with time. I just...Barry shouldn't be Wolverine. But we're too far down that rabbit hole now to stop.

• Like 1

Somebody directed the hell out of the fight scenes on ARROW tonight.

Interestingly enough, the director of tonight's episode as James Bamford. This was his first directing credit, but he's been a stuntman/stunt coordinator for years. He probably just innately knows how to shoot fight scenes well by now.

I was actually coming here to comment on exactly that.  That was damn near Daredevil quality last night with the fight scenes.  Please, keep Bamford on to choreograph the fights if nothing else.