DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

I enjoyed the second part of the crossover a little less than the first part. I already hate the mother of Ollie's kid, and Felicity was really pissing me off as well. Also not fond of of Savage not being a proper Savage from caveman times.

Yeah. When I realized Savage was Hath-Set only not awful I cared a lot less. He's too fun for it to lose me entirely though. I dug the episode enough that I forgot the obvious twist was obvious until *right* as it played out.

Also...

Ollie's kid is dead in the flash forward which is why they're not Connor Hawke, right?

I enjoyed the second part of the crossover a little less than the first part. I already hate the mother of Ollie's kid, and Felicity was really pissing me off as well. Also not fond of of Savage not being a proper Savage from caveman times.

Felicity was pissing you off?  Ollie was essentially looking her in the eye and telling her, "I'm lying to you, but I'm going to act like you're too stupid to realize it."  She acted like any human being would act in that situation.  I don't know about you, but nothing will make me more angry than someone lying to my face, me knowing that they're lying to my face, and then they act like I'm being unreasonable when I don't let that shit slide.  Ollie didn't even pretend that he wasn't lying, how did you expect her to act?

• Like 1

Alien Hawks will always be better than Egyptian Hawks.

One of the few things i like about post ZH Hawkman is the reincarnation gimmick, how Carter was also all the hawk themed characters in history (gun hawk, silent knight, ...).

Felicity was pissing you off?  Ollie was essentially looking her in the eye and telling her, "I'm lying to you, but I'm going to act like you're too stupid to realize it."  She acted like any human being would act in that situation.  I don't know about you, but nothing will make me more angry than someone lying to my face, me knowing that they're lying to my face, and then they act like I'm being unreasonable when I don't let that shit slide.  Ollie didn't even pretend that he wasn't lying, how did you expect her to act?

The man just found out he had a child, and Felicity made the entire thing about herself. It was selfish bullshit on her part. Ollie wasn't even sure how he was supposed to process it yet, and the mother of said child doesn't want anyone to even know to the point where she would only let Ollie see the child if he told no one. Its not that I can't understand her anger, but to take that situation and make it wholly about yourself is a shitty thing to do. It wasn't really her business in the first place at that point.

The man just found out he had a child, and Felicity made the entire thing about herself. It was selfish bullshit on her part. Ollie wasn't even sure how he was supposed to process it yet, and the mother of said child doesn't want anyone to even know to the point where she would only let Ollie see the child if he told no one. Its not that I can't understand her anger, but to take that situation and make it wholly about yourself is a shitty thing to do. It wasn't really her business in the first place at that point.

The only reason she reacted that way is because he gave her no choice.  You can't lie to your girlfriend in a way that is insulting, and expect her to be OK with it.  I'm not saying it is an easy situation, but if you treat an intelligent person like an idiot, they aren't going to let it slide.  He brought this upon himself by the way he treated her, she didn't make it about herself.  Her entire character is based on her being a smart, incredibly capable person, and he treated her like she was stupid and incapable.  Why would anyone in her position put up with that?  I don't know about you, but I know exactly how a smart woman reacts when she knows you are lying to her.  She's going to figure out why you are lying.  It would have been better if he just told her straight up, "I wish I could tell you what is going on, but right now I can't."  Instead he lied, and she turned into Sherlock Holmes, because that is exactly what would happen in real life. 

Ollie definitely could have handled things better, but Felicity was just so much worse. She made it about herself and ignored the bigger situation of someone just discovering they had a child they didn't know about for years. The second she found out she should have shut the fuck up and waited for him to tell her on his own because that really wasn't her or anyone else's business in the first place, girlfriend or not. Instead she decided to already be angry and force situation to become what it did. I can understand her anger, but Ollie just discovering he had a child should have trumped that. It was alright for her to be angry. It was alright for her to make it known to some degree, but the fact that she blew up and broke up with Oliver instead of trying to help him with something that big just doesn't speak well of her.

I feel like every season of ARROW has at least one major storyline that revolves around Oliver lying, and it goes badly and ends with him claiming he's learned his lesson and he's going to stop lying.

And then he does it all over again.

Anyway, I think we can add Ollie's baby mama to the pool of candidates for the grave. And I think it would be interesting if Oliver suddenly had this kid to take care of. Plus, they could maybe figure out a way to use it to tell Not Damien Wayne stories in their Not Batman show.

• Like 1