DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

This week's Supergirl was quite the tribute to the Bixby Hulk.  Kara was even wearing a Bixby ensemble when Alex came out to her.

Did anyone else notice the Norwegian base was an anagram of Luthor, or have I just read too many SA DC comics?

Really liked Supergirl quite a bit, Parasite was an awesome villain.  But Flash was all kinds of awesome last night.  I wish they did more with Shade, but man that end piece with Alchemy was fantastic.  I'm liking the setup for crossover week and can't wait to see how this all plays out.

2 minutes ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Is it (Citizen) Steel not having an over the top costume?  Because that's happening soon.

Nah, I just don't find Nate to be a very interesting character honestly.  Bad trade writing Rip out for him.  I do like having Vixen in a show, though she's not much more interesting than Hawkgirl was last season.

I like Nate a decent bit, but he does crossover a bit much with Ray as something of a goof. I also miss Snart & Rip. I'm enjoying season 2 regardless. Vixen is about even with Hawkgirl for me, but I never had much of a problem with Kendra.

Why'd they write up Rip Hunter out anyway?  Since he's still in the credits, I assume Arthur Darvill is returning at some point.  Off shooting a movie?

I'm enjoying the show more now than S1, but I've enjoyed both seasons a lot less than most people, it seems.  Feel like the writing is decent, but I liked the character mix a lot more when Hunter and Snart were both around.  

Ray's "hero or the suit?" arc has been interesting, but it feels way too early to shake up his status quo this much.  I'm wondering if they wanted to ditch the Atom suit because it requires expensive fx every time he uses it.

Fuck that, it was awesome, warts and all.

Diggle brought the gold, like the whole episode could have been from his perspective and it would have been one of the best comedy on TV.

Spoiler

"You know I never done drugs?"

"I'm convinced."

Iris had a great reaction too (she would have fit so perfectly on Supergirl).

Spoiler

"OMG it just got so much hotter." (The casual aside delivery sold it so well.)

And that building, come on--- come on!

Spoiler

Hangar? More like Hall. And boy did they dig deep to create it.

The_Flash_2014_s03e08_mkv_00000.jpg

• Like 2

We popped so big for the "hangar."

Spoiler

There's something to be said for Kara's complete naivety regarding strangers suddenly showing up unannounced in her apartment. I mean granted, she already knows Barry, but even so.

Loving the first half of crossover week, it's led to some pretty fun interactions between the DC crew.  While Barry was stupid to go back in time and it's all his fault, I kind of felt sympathetic to him at the end of the episode.  Then I realized all the shit that caused and I went back to "Barry, you fucking dumbass"

I wonder since this ends on Legends if they happen to find a way to fix the Flashpoint Paradox.  Not saying it'll be fixed Thursday, but at least they might have a plan to work on.

I'm actually a little sad Martian Manhunter couldn't come along for the teamup.  One thing I wish we could have seen, was more of a reaction of awe in regard to Supergirl from the Earth 1 heroes.  One of my favorite thing in the comics is how all of the characters look at Superman. Would have been cool to see Ollie sell for her like he did when he first saw Barry as the Flash.

Like that Crisis is still in the future, no matter what anyone does.  REALLY hope all these shows are around long enough for us to get that at some point.  Wonder if the Legends will tell Ollie and Diggle about Connor Hawke.

The Connor Hawke thing is interesting because the Legends ran into him *before* Barry created Flashpoint.

And looks like we're getting another "For The Man Who Has Everything" run tonight, even though Supergirl already did it last season.

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

The Supergirl episode was bullshit though. Total bait and switch. It was funny to look at twitter afterwards to see how many people were pissed off by it.

The showrunners said a good while back this would be more Supergirl crossing over into the Arrowverse than a proper massive 4-show crossover. Blame CW's marketing.

I know it's one of those time travel doing one thing changes everything but Barry being responsible for somehow changing the gender of Diggle's offspring is just ridiculous. Diggle was rather upset about Barry erasing the daughter he never had, does he not have any love for the son he has now because it's one or the other.

And who is Ray to judge? All the people the Legends either kill or injure has no effect on the future? I'm sure Stein telling his younger self to spend more time with his wife has nothing to do with him having a daughter now...

And get over it, Cisco. 

• Like 4

Yeah, the Legends are the LAST people who should judge Barry. They seemingly have an internal struggle every other episode to not change something, even minor.  Sara was willing to risk everything to try to save Laurel, and would have if left to her own devices.

• Like 1