DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

The annoying "Hey, we're smarter this time and picked out this Wells was full of shit!" followed by "Oh, yeah, sure, you can stay around, you're totally not going to bring the Dominators" is headbanging stupid. 

Glad they're not going villian route with Felton's character, and annoyed that it looks like they might go full blown Killer Frost with Caitlyn.  

I can't actually get to Supergirl right now. We don't have time for everything and my wife is misanthropic enough to hate her.

im amused that the new Wells is basically Lee Pace's character from Halt and Catch Fire though.

There still has to be a chance that Draco is multiple personality Dr. Alchemy though, right?

So, regarding James Olsen apparently about to get a super suit....

Spoiler

I feel like he's going to become the DCTV version of Steel.  Is that a decent bet?

It's just as well I'm losing interest in Supergirl.  If they really go that direction,... ugh.  It's looks to me like they've decided to deemphasize the CatCo workplace stuff and now have no idea what to do with Jimmy and Winn.  Everything they've done with those two so far this season is ridiculous.  When Winn announced he was going to build Jimmy's super suit, my first thought was "how?  With what?"  I guess Winn hacked a few banks along the way and has a few hundred million and a secret lab squirreled away?  I wouldn't expect a super suit can be built on the cheap.

Like I said, two weeks ago., I dislike pretty much every change they've made on the show since the end of season one.  Really maddening.  I'm pretty much disinterested in Flash and Supergirl right now.  At least Legends seems to be poised for a good season and Arrow is still fun.

Almost caught up on LoT season 1, and I'm sad I didn't watch sooner.  This show is a blast once you get past the Hawks. Oddly enough, this is supposed to be the "blow shit up, popcorn" show, but they do a better job of adding depth to the characters than any of the other Arrowverse shows.  Never thought I'd come away thinking that Captain fucking Cold and Heat Wave would be these awesome, fleshed out, relatable characters.  There are scenes in the episode where they have to rescue their younger selves that legit choked me up a little.  Just such a fun, well done show.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 3:45 AM, Casey said:

I think Prometheus is actually

Hide contents

Slade Wilson or Malcom Merlyn under new villainous identities/costumes

I tend to think it's 

Spoiler

Malcolm Merlyn.  

Really hoping it's

Spoiler

Robert Queen.  Though another expert bowman is not what this show needs.

I don't think it's Tommy Merlyn simply because I can't imagine anyone caring overmuch.  Unmasking Prometheus as Tommy would be a Savio Vega-level disappointment.

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

Almost caught up on LoT season 1, and I'm sad I didn't watch sooner.  This show is a blast once you get past the Hawks. Oddly enough, this is supposed to be the "blow shit up, popcorn" show, but they do a better job of adding depth to the characters than any of the other Arrowverse shows.  Never thought I'd come away thinking that Captain fucking Cold and Heat Wave would be these awesome, fleshed out, relatable characters.  There are scenes in the episode where they have to rescue their younger selves that legit choked me up a little.  Just such a fun, well done show.

I long thought of Captain Cold as this cool villain with a super-distinctive voice and that was about it.  Season 1 showed a lot of depth with him that I wasn't expecting, and it made me appreciate him a lot more.

But if you like season 1 then season 2 definitely rides that momentum into some pretty awesome stuff.

1 hour ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I tend to think it's 

Hide contents

Malcolm Merlyn.  

Really hoping it's

Hide contents

Robert Queen.  Though another expert bowman is not what this show needs.

I don't think it's Tommy Merlyn simply because I can't imagine anyone caring overmuch.  Unmasking Prometheus as Tommy would be a Savio Vega-level disappointment.

Savio Vega is never a disappointment . 

• Like 1