DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

8 hours ago, blitzkrieg said:

But it would be nice if we eventually got a smarter Barry. Has he learned anything since the start of the series?

Um, he's learned that life is a lot simpler and your head doesn't hurt as much if you don't think too much about these convoluted time travel dealies?

Ok, I tried.  I got nuthin'.

On 10/3/2016 at 0:42 PM, tigertooth said:

I want to ask if anybody is watching Gotham anymore, but I see this is the 2015-2016 season thread.  With the CW shows about to start, it might be time to start a 2016-2017 thread.

But anyway: has everybody given up on Gotham?  I keep hoping that it's going to be good, and it keeps not being good.  And yet the RT scores are still pretty high.

I'm still watching but I thought the last season was pretty good or insane anyway. Monsters so far have been disappointing. I don't know if that Matrix vampire was supposed to be Manbat but I can't imagine they'd admit it anyway.

Yeah, it really bugged me that they had Ollie murder the dude who was torturing him because "no one cam learn my secret" (since when?) for the sole reason of giving Thea some room to bug Ollie about putting together a new team.  Then the incident seemed to be forgotten.  I know Ollie's killed before (plenty of time) ,but having him outright murder someone so they can't out him as Green Arrow seemed too far out of character, and having him go that far out of his normal mindset just to hold a throwaway conversation then forget the whole thing was really lazy writing.

That said, I thought Green Arrow was better than Flash this week, though I don't really have any interest in seeing Ollie mentor a new team.

12 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Yeah, it really bugged me that they had Ollie murder the dude who was torturing him because "no one cam learn my secret" (since when?) for the sole reason of giving Thea some room to bug Ollie about putting together a new team.  Then the incident seemed to be forgotten.  I know Ollie's killed before (plenty of time) ,but having him outright murder someone so they can't out him as Green Arrow seemed too far out of character, and having him go that far out of his normal mindset just to hold a throwaway conversation then forget the whole thing was really lazy writing.

That said, I thought Green Arrow was better than Flash this week, though I don't really have any interest in seeing Ollie mentor a new team.

He killed basically all the guards on the way out too even though "Green Arrow's sidekick saved him" was already a viable cover. 

To their credit, he didn't argue the move as necessary so much as "Not killing hasn't exactly worked out for me." thus bringing the debate about it in non exceptional circumstances back as a result of the trauma from Laurel's loss. Which makes sense in a way, but yeah.

On 10/10/2016 at 7:04 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

I officially love this Superman. Now we just need a good Kon to complete the set.

Yeah, it feels great to have this Superman back. And the guy plays it great, emulating Christopher Reeve but not doing an imitation. He hits all the right notes as Clark and Supes. And the episode was fun as hell, I had a smile on my face the whole time.

• Like 2

I actually thought tonight's Flash was relatively good. Its more dealing with screw up of what its building on that hurts it. Not really fond of the change Flashpoint made to Arrow though I guess its somewhat minor in the long run though. I'm curious if it will end there.

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I actually thought tonight's Flash was relatively good. Its more dealing with screw up of what its building on that hurts it. Not really fond of the change Flashpoint made to Arrow though I guess its somewhat minor in the long run though. I'm curious if it will end there.

I was meh on the Arrow thing until I realized

Legends already tipped it with Connor Hawke.

I remembered it, just would have preferred it didn't change the way it did to happen. It does explain why a certain Arrow actor let slip Flashpoint have some big repercussions for his character. Now I'm curious about Amell since he also seemed to slip a up a few times over the summer.

Haven't seen Supergirl on CBS but saw the season premiere Monday.  I'm not a Superman fan yet I really liked the episode.  I liked who's playing her and it seems like a fun show.  Also really liked the choice for Superman, and Johnny Sorrow made a great point about him.  I'll be sticking around for this one.

As far as Flash you really feel the awkwardness when Barry doesn't know what's going on with Cisco and Joe/Iris.  I don't know how much longer they can go with this version of Flashpoint, but hoping it picks up.  I remember the first couple episodes last season weren't as good as the rest so hoping by episode 3 or 4 that it gains steam.