DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So now I'm burning through Supergirl (I'm partway in to ep 7).  It's weird how giving a character a particular name creates significant expectations with a portion of the audience, while being utterly meaningless to the majority.  I was waiting for Max Lord's shoe to drop the instant they called him by name. If I hadn't had Hank Henshaw's true nature spoiled for me, I'd still be on hair trigger for him.  I don't know what it's like to watch these shows without that baggage.  It's like being disappointed that none of the Wreckers died in the Transformers movies.

It would be weirder if the CW shows hadn't already established pretty firmly that things can go different ways. Even a lot of the characters who are ostensibly the same character by the end still have vast differences.

Though I still expected a heel turn from 'Winn' Winslow Schott until it became clear that wasn't happening.

Honestly more than anything I'm thrown by hunky beefcake Jimmy Olsen.

• Like 1

Well, I was all on Henshaw being Eradicator until the reveal.  Winn they subverted by making Toyman his dad instead of him.

Pretty sure Wonder Woman isn't showing up to kill Lord though.

Interesting to see how they're going to keep the Supergirl Earth seperate from the CW-Earth on the same network where the other shows share.

That was more a theory than anything else. they have already said Flashpoint would be short. It seems like whatever crossover is planned won't be anything to huge though Kara should show up on each show probably just trying to return to her Earth I imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to ask if anybody is watching Gotham anymore, but I see this is the 2015-2016 season thread.  With the CW shows about to start, it might be time to start a 2016-2017 thread.

But anyway: has everybody given up on Gotham?  I keep hoping that it's going to be good, and it keeps not being good.  And yet the RT scores are still pretty high.