DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

So, how is Flash going to do Flashpoint without a Batman?  Like, that's going to affect all the CW shows.  

(I'm guessing the 4 way crossover is what's going to resolve this)

We'd all do better to realize this is going to be The King James Flashpoint, not the Old Testament directly. 

Well Barry at the end actually..

should have put things the way they were suppose to have happened. So I imagine the repercussion that Barry will deal with is that he basically destroyed all his relationships as he knows them. He won't have gone to live with Joe and Iris, Cisco and Snow may not even know him, and we will have our THIRD Harrison Wells. Plus the particle explosion may not have actually happened yet when Barry travels back since "Not Wells" Wells moved up to particle explosion accident.

The mind boggles.

3 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

One of the things I found super annoying was they kept referring to Zoom as "Jay" even though they knew for a long time at that point that he was Hunter Zolomon! It was kind of ridiculous that Snow was STILL calling him that when talking to him.  And yeah, I was  pretty OK with episode until that bullshit Barry did at the end.

They still refer to Eobard Thawne as Harrison Wells. Once you've assumed an identity in the Flash universe, you *are* that person.

Kinda disappointed there was never an explanation for Zoom having an evil version of Barry's costume. It felt too deliberate to be ignored. Oh well.

I loved the Flash finale. As far as the cliffhanger? Who knows? I'm willing to bet it ends up good. This show never lets me down. As for the rest of the ep , there were two major geek out moments for me.

1. When the time remnant Flash sacrificed himself to save the multiverse it was the exact scene as Flash doing the same in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Fucking cool.

2. When the real Jay Garrick was in uniform and put on the helmet , and looked like what the Golden Age Flash is supposed to look like to me, and the music swelled? I almost got choked up.

• Like 2

I zoned out of the previous two episodes of Arrow and the finale did nothing to bring me back. 

"What, you thought I was leaving too?" - Felicity "Roman Reigns" Smoak

I'm guessing only two of us watched the Gotham finale...

Glad Strange didn't die there because B.D. Wong has been fantastic. You could hear Jerome laugh when the monsters were released. And the Bruce clone?! Tommy Elliot? Thomas Wayne, Jr.?

I haven't watched this season of Arrow except maybe the first three episodes yet, but the hatred of Felicity baffles me. She was by far the best thing about the first three seasons, and the best character on Arrow and Flash combined up through where I've seen.

• Like 2

Felicity is easily the best written character in the whole CW-verse.  Anytime she gets "whiney" or "bitchy" or any other pejorative people toss at her, she is almost always COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED in feeling that way.

Felicity's problem is every other character on the show, and specifically Ollie, who is a terrible person that it makes no sense for her to be with but she's locked into a relationship with because the fans want it.  She kinda gets dragged to some emotionally unflattering places by the cast of liars she's surrounded by.  I'd say 90% of the time when people complain about Felicity, she's having the same emotional reaction that any rational person would if they had to deal with Ollie's bullshit.

• Like 2

Honestly Felicity is fun. I generally like her, but the way she handled her relationship with Ollie this season was complete crap. Even when she was understandably angry she still managed to handle things in a bullshit manner that most people would have told her to fuck off for.

As for the finale I thought it ok. but there really needs to be a change up in the writing next season. There needs to be less Thea and Merlyn. Ollie and Felicity should either never get together again or they need to make them act slightly more sane towards each other instead of the bs drama they did this season.

9 hours ago, EVA said:

Felicity is easily the best written character in the whole CW-verse.  Anytime she gets "whiney" or "bitchy" or any other pejorative people toss at her, she is almost always COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED in feeling that way.

Felicity's problem is every other character on the show, and specifically Ollie, who is a terrible person that it makes no sense for her to be with but she's locked into a relationship with because the fans want it.  She kinda gets dragged to some emotionally unflattering places by the cast of liars she's surrounded by.  I'd say 90% of the time when people complain about Felicity, she's having the same emotional reaction that any rational person would if they had to deal with Ollie's bullshit.

It's Skylar White Syndrome. Being the unlikable wet blanket while in reality being the only voice of reason in the surrounding ridiculousness. 

• Like 2

As someone who feels that the weakest part of the CW DC shows are the season finales, I found the Arrow finale to be not that bad. This season as a whole was a bit meandering but the end might actually have been greater than the whole. Plus next season we're going to Russia, right? Oliver going to Russia is Arrow's version of Han dying in the Fast and the Furious series.

I really hope Merlyn is kept to a minimum going forward, simply because they can't decide what they want him to be.  In the comics, he's Ollie's greatest rival, but here, he's Lex Luger, because he turns every episode.  You helping?  Nah, I'm bout to turn on y'all again.

Anybody else actually GLAD this season of FLASH is finally over?  I mean, there were good points along the way, but overall, I'd say it was a pretty colossal misstep after the first season, and all the Zoom business felt like it would NEVER. END.

I really don't know if I've ever been happier to see a show I like go away for a while.  Hopefully, with no new shows to take up their focus, they'll get their shit together this offseason.  But if there's another mystery speedster villain, I am fucking OUT.

I'd probably put money on John Wesley Shipp being the Flash for at least most of season 3, until Barry figures out a way to reverse what he's done to the timeline and get his powers back. Presumably everything we've watched over the past two seasons is effectively erased - and that should affect Arrow too, if they had any common sense about this storyline. Plus - did he kill Reverse Flash, or just KO him? If he killed him (or got rid of him, off camera, somehow), then Thawne never gets Wells' body, so the particle accelerator isn't rigged to blow (or whatever), so Barry doesn't get his powers and in turn, can't help Arrow and the gang out with, for example, Vandal Savage that one time. Or go back in time and stop that tidal wave from destroying the city.

I'm probably mixing up plots and getting things wrong, because fuck time travel. Shit is confusing, especially when they just go back to the same point in the timeline every year seemingly and not much of anything changes. I'm hoping for major reboots in Flash (and Arrow, because of this).

Also, forget Flashpoint - they teased Crisis on Infinite Earths at the beginning of the series, when is that shit going down? Or is it the same thing? Fucking DC confuses me sometimes.

Gotham was generally the most enjoyable terrible show for the first two seasons but I think it may have actually gotten pretty good by the end of Season 2 when things started to come together. Some of that was my own conditioned feelings that by the nature of the mystery of Bruce's parents' death, nothing would ever be resolved. When it was, the show became more than I thought it was going to be. It's ridiculous but now more in a good way.

6 hours ago, EVA said:

Anybody else actually GLAD this season of FLASH is finally over?  I mean, there were good points along the way, but overall, I'd say it was a pretty colossal misstep after the first season, and all the Zoom business felt like it would NEVER. END.

I really don't know if I've ever been happier to see a show I like go away for a while.  Hopefully, with no new shows to take up their focus, they'll get their shit together this offseason.  But if there's another mystery speedster villain, I am fucking OUT.

Nah, this is basically how I feel.  Flash never hit the stride it was in during S1.  Writing wasn't as sharp, the villain story wasn't anywhere near as interesting, character stuff was badly done.  I don't even like Barry as a character as much as I did during S1.  They made some character decisions which were either inexplicable to me or counterproductive.  Henry getting out of jail and immediately leaving the son who spent decade trying to prove his innocence was a head-scratcher,  So was Joe seemingly having no opinion when his ex-wife died (and doing that off-camera was odd, in and of itself).  Snarky, non-evil Harry Wells was a fun character but they removed his edge and made him a generic nice guy about 3 weeks in.

I'm hoping they pull it together for S3, but we'll see.  I'll be surprised if they go full-on Flashpoint for the entire season.  Actually, I won't be surprised if they hand-wave most of that away fairly quickly,  I also think they'll probably do some version of Eobard as the big bad again.  I"m kinda ready for that, but also wish they had used Grodd as the big bad or some such this season.  Zoom was too close to Reverse-Flash and doesn't compare well.

I think the general consensus is that the 4 way crossover between Arrow, Flash, LoT and Supergirl will be what fixes the Flashpoint event and restores the DCTVU to "normal". So if that's the case, it won't be just waved away fairly quickly. I think we'll get a decent amount of time inside this new Earth-1 before it goes back to how it was. There's also some fan speculation that Eddie might come back next season and become Cobalt Blue.

I enjoyed S2 though it was a definite step down with some odd mistakes they made. I'm curious just how much things are going to change up and whether or not Arrow & LoT will completely ignore it. Considering what they set up early in the season I would definitely love for Grodd to play big bad for at least a little while.

I'd probably put money on John Wesley Shipp being the Flash for at least most of season 3

He somewhat confirmed this the way he was talking about the future relationship he has with Barry going forward.

Also, forget Flashpoint - they teased Crisis on Infinite Earths at the beginning of the series, when is that shit going down? Or is it the same thing? Fucking DC confuses me sometimes.

Got another three years until they get back to that.

Why another three years? And apparently it happens in a fight with Reverse Flash with help from Green Arrow, ATOM and Hawkgirl, so it could be this season (let's just say that, unfortunately, the Hawks come back for the crossover episode).

Actually I remembered the time wrong its even further off. The paper for the Crisis tease was from 2024. I suppose they could deal with it before then though I don't see why they would unless the show was at its end.