DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

On 7/24/2016 at 0:02 AM, The Unholy Dragon said:

Teasers for all the shows but Supergirl dropped today. Flash in particular will be...interesting.

Also Katie Cassidy signed one of those intershow contracts so we'll see how that happens. Fully 50% of the people with those contracts are playing characters who are dead right now. It'd be neat if they had her play a comics accurate Black Canary from the Supergirl universe getting trapped in the Arrow universe where her mom wasn't Black Canary before her, her parents ate alive, and she has a sister that doesn't exist elsewhere, thus making things weird for everyone. But it'll probably just be a resurrection and/or time shenanigans.

47b595496617de4df4646f6a0e95de8e.267x213

Shenanigans?

• Like 1

I was saying I like the costume.  If the gold and red were flipped on the belt it would be even better, but I 100% agree with Dragon, best Superman costume currently, and perhaps the best Berlantiverse costume yet.

I really dig the little clasps for the chest symbol.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

We are also getting another animated show like Vixen in The Ray. He is supposed to show up in one of the Earth-1 shows.

Apparently, the Ray will be gay on this show. Not sure if that corresponds with nu-52 Ray. 

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It shouldn't be surprising when the two leads are both Glee alumni.

Not just that. Jesse Martin came to us from musical theater and was even in the Rent movie and Carlos Valdes has a musical theatre background as well. The two have done a bunch of duets online since the show began.

Here's them and Rick "Eddie Thawne" Cosnett doing a gospel version of the Ballad of Serenity:

• Like 1

Dolph Lundgren will be on Arrow this year as part of Oliver's russia flashbacks. This is also the last season they will be doing flashbacks.

And there will be a 2 part Gorilla City storyline on Flash. 

Excuse me while I look for my pants.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Dolph Lundgren will be on Arrow this year as part of Oliver's russia flashbacks. This is also the last season they will be doing flashbacks.

And there will be a 2 part Gorilla City storyline on Flash. 

Excuse me while I look for my pants.

Praise be to Allah. I'll be in the corner, after the next season, waiting for someone to put together a mega-cut off all the flashbacks.

I would imagine the flashbacks aren't going to make a lot of sense past the first season.  Too much "Well, then I got off the island, but I later went back.  Then I got off again, but I went back again later, then I got off a third time......"

• Like 1