DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

It's not possible that what Barry did changes the timeline and therefore changes that digital newspaper's date to closer to our real time? I don't think they're going to actually wait to 2024 to finally do Crisis, if they're even planning on doing it at all.

9 hours ago, Casey said:

I think the general consensus is that the 4 way crossover between Arrow, Flash, LoT and Supergirl will be what fixes the Flashpoint event and restores the DCTVU to "normal". So if that's the case, it won't be just waved away fairly quickly. I think we'll get a decent amount of time inside this new Earth-1 before it goes back to how it was. There's also some fan speculation that Eddie might come back next season and become Cobalt Blue.

I wasn't aware they were planning a crossover already.  I assumed they would, though.  When are they doing that?  November sweeps?  Or later in 2017?

Novemeber Sweeps 4x crossover has been announced, yeah.  Seems too soon to wrap up the S3 metaplot, although who says they'll wrap it up?  It makes the Barry/Iris relationship much, much less problematic

On 29/05/2016 at 4:35 PM, RandomAct said:

IF they do Flashpoint, you can easily use Arrow in place of Batman.  Ollie dies on the boat instead of his dad.  Robert Queen becomes the Arrow, and so on. 

They kinda nuked that concept as a throwaway (the Earth 2 Arrow died and was revealed as Robert Queen as shown in a newscast in the Earth 2 eps)

Don't think E-2 has a Superman. Don't think they ever gave Kara's Earth a designation though I suspect they will just go with E-4 at this point.

Can't say I care all that much for Superman appearing. I don't have a problem with it, but I wasn't particularly hungry to see him appear either. I doubt it will be Tom Welling as he seemed to be against the idea last year when people spoke of it.

Honestly it's less that I'm craving a show version of Supes but all the talk of him, the IMs, the several cases of him showing up but 100% offscreen...I am more excited that they can stop tap dancing around him than anything.

Or I was until I started writing this and realized we can have Arrowverse Barry meet a non-dour Supes. That prospect is exciting.

• Like 3

He's a totally decent MTV/CW actor, though having seen him mostly in Teen Wolf the shift will be pretty drastic as he's more of an antihero there.

Then again, Colton Haynes' Teen Wolf character was unbearable and he made a good Roy.

Honestly for people who dig the CW DC slate you should all check out Teen Wolf, similar tone and style, similar problems, similarly fun. It's basically a superhero show.

I watched a good chunk of Teen Wolf last year (the Dread Doctors season) and gave it up when I realized, after 8 or 9 episodes, I still didn't remember anyone's name and frequently confused some of the male characters because they looked slightly similar.

Plots were cool, but i thought the scripting was pretty average and the cheap special fx didn't do it for me.  Wolf transformations seemed to limited to growing fangs and long finger nails

Finally watched season one of Lucifer.  Found it... mostly unremarkable.  I'm not surprised they didn't adapt the source material particularly faithfully, but I am curious about the creative decisions that went into that.  Season one basically plays out as a really bland season of Castle, though I think Nathan Fillion would have a more interesting take on Lucifer.  They really do hit a lot of the same notes as Castle.  The female lead even has a similar backstory to Kate Beckett.  Castle acknowleged that Stana Katic was way too attractive to be a cop by giving Beckett a modeling background; Lucifer makes its female lead an ex-actress who took her shirt off in a teen sex comedy.

I'll probably check out season 2, but it won't take much for me to drop the show.  Nothing in season 1 made me think the show will morph into something interesting by fall.

9 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

So, having watched the first season of Arrow, I feel really sad I haven't been watching this show since it debuted.

Please tell me this isn't one of those shows that gets significantly worse over time. I can't deal with another Heroes.

7897593_orig.gif

• Like 2