DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

Flash falling into the same trap Arrow is, in making the heavy too damn powerful that they have to create a deus ex machina to get them out of it.  This point, it's pretty much a given that Wally and/or Jesse is getting powered up by the finale.

And they have to stop playing as fast and loose with time travel as they are.

If I take the comics out of the equation and just think about the reality of the situation, once Zoom released Wally Flash could have just said "Yeah, screw you" and they would have trapped/killed him.  Boom, no more Zoom.  Now I'm sure they couldn't do that because Flash is good and they need to stretch this out, but the opportunity was right there.

4 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Yeah, that episode was a mess. Even insofar as having lines delivered with a creepy coldness turned into yelling (totally different read of "No I do not" from the preview).

I dunno. Somehow Zoom feels way less scary now than he did beforehand.

The whole messy way they dealt with his identity here just made everything have less impact as it was hard just trying to make sense of the crappy explanations,.

Wells: Barry shouldn't open any more breaches to Earth-2

Joe: Yeah, it's a terrible idea to open the breaches!  But there's no way to talk Barry out of it.

Wells: Good point. I'm going to go build the gizmo without which they could never open the breaches.

I don't watch the Flash. But reading this thread, it seems like it's Red Dwarf, where they travel through Space and Time and mostly meet nothing but alternative reality versions of themselves. Save money on casting, have the same four actors play every part in the show.

So you make this big deal about Barry having to make moral compromises with Thawne in order to get faster and beat Zoom......

.....then jobs out to villians of the week on Supergirl in a throw away guest appearance, then basically gives it away to maybe/maybe not save Wally.

He'd fit right into the WWE midcard.

• Like 3

I mean, really, there's so much wrong with the episode...

Barry monolouging leads to Zoom escaping.  Zoom gives back Wally with no catches, the crew takes hours to transfer Barry's Speed Force to Zoom with Zoom STANDING RIGHT THERE AND NOONE DOES ANYTHING?  Zoom not being fast enough to create a speed mirage despite Thawne being able to do so last season while being SLOWER than Zoom.  Zoom killing his past self with no repricussions, and no Time Wraiths coming for him.  Zoom apparently being able to sense Cisco's Vibeing, and being able to sense Breaches opening when it was never part of his power set, and he specifically had Reverb for that purpose before he offed him.

Barry: I give up my seed to save one of the family!

Zoom: OK, (gives Wally back, takes Kaitlyn.)

The DC Shows are going overboard to have the hero teams have massive cases of plot-induced stupidity this season.

• Like 2

Yeah, I think with the two new shows, the actual writing talent behind the CWverse has finally gotten stretched too thin.  Arrow took a hit when Flash started, and now Flash is taking a hit from Legends and Supergirl.  The shiny new things always seem to get the bulk of Berlanti's attention, and the old shows are left to less capable lieutenants.

Started binge-watching Flash with Cindy over the weekend and we're both digging the heck out of it so far... i'm having a lot of fun going over the Flash's lore and especially the Rogues to her, especially with the Ye Olde Villain of the Week format. Holding out for a Metamorpho appearance since they already used Simon Stagg.

Maybe someone can explain this to me: with the budget and pretty spectacular SFX they're using, why couldn't they be arsed to "fix" the BC Place football markings during his first throwdown with Zoom? Or are we just supposed to assume this is an alternate universe where they play football with CFL rules?

So they got me believing that this Laurel death may actually stick.  That whole episode was either the biggest red herring ever, or the best goodbye letter ever.  They seemingly kicked away the idea that Barry would help the team in the finale with the brief conversation too.

The first twenty minutes or so of Legends was meh and I hated the way they're drawing it out now because hot damn it could have been the finale but I really loved giant Ray vs non-toxic Chemo. Snart's redemption arc for Savage's daughter was terrific as well. I was worried about Captain Cold and Heat Wave on the show but aside from possibly White Canary they've been the best part.

LoT works best for me when it goes big and over the top, so last night was so much fun. Though given everything happening on Arrow, it's a shame Sara can't be dropped off for the finale, because she'd bring the hate. I care about her reaction to Laural more than most of the Arrow cast

It's also become a fun game seeing how Legends will find a way NOT to use Firestorm from week to week 

I caught up on all three shows this week, last night, because I started a new job. Watched them all in succession, and...

Flash was subpar. That villain was pretty terrible, and the subplot with Zoom/Killer Frost/Kaitlin was boring as all hell too. The Wally/Flash thing was kind of stupid, I thought. Just one more person that Barry is going to eventually tell his secret to, obviously.

Arrow was the best episode of the season so far. I was tearing up like every 5 minutes it seemed. Someone else said it earlier and it's true, it's either a giant red herring or the best tribute episode ever. Is that runaway girl going to be Black Canary II?

Legends of Tomorrow was fun as hell. I really like Savage's daughter, I kind of hope she stays on the show. I'm willing to bet he gets away in the finale, but if not - where do they go from here? I thought this was going to be a limited time type series, but I heard it got a second season ordered, so if they kill Savage, who's the next "big bad"? It's also pretty funny that DC got to use their version of Giant Man, on TV, before Marvel ever got to do a Giant Man, on film. 

Flash wasn't great this week, but since it's usually fucking awesome I don't care. I liked the Zoom/ Kaitlyn/ Frost stuff. But this was just like any issue of a comic that's in the middle of the arc where the hero loses his powers.He has to be a hero without powers while they get to the final part. And I dig that, since Flash always feels to me like an actual comic book in live action.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Legends of Tomorrow was fun as hell. I really like Savage's daughter, I kind of hope she stays on the show. I'm willing to bet he gets away in the finale, but if not - where do they go from here? I thought this was going to be a limited time type series, but I heard it got a second season ordered, so if they kill Savage, who's the next "big bad"? It's also pretty funny that DC got to use their version of Giant Man, on TV, before Marvel ever got to do a Giant Man, on film. 

The rumor for a while now has been that it will be anthology changing casts and stories each season.