DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

See, the goofy alien felt like a Smith thing and while there wasn't much meat to the role, it's not like vanity casting his daughter added anything anyway.

But I was also disappointed they went with red sun immediately neutralizing their powers as opposed to the take where they still have them but have to be judicious about their use as they can't replenish their batteries. It's whatever though.

Episode had a solid concept and just really failed to use any of the great elements it had in play (Kara without powers! Roulette! The shockingly great scene of Winn in tears because of PTSD from being nearly killed!) I wouldn't say I hated it or anything, but it was more like an average S1 episode and they've shown they can do better by now.

Real tepid Flash this week too so maybe it's just burnout from the crossover/midseason? Pumped for the Music Meister and the gorilla invasion though. And there's no way the STAR Labs Museum doesn't become the Flash Museum, right?

I dug last night's Arrow quite a bit.  Good ep, though Prometheus knowing that that character even exists, much less knowing where to go in Central City to break her out, is a bit of a head scratcher.

Some good character stuff last night.  Right now, Arrow is my favorite Berlanti show by a wide margin.

I adored the new Flash. Wacky Wells is cemented as fun and cool, Kid Flash was great, the addition of Julian as a Flash ally is geek fun, ( In the old comics when Dr Alchemy/ Mr. Element isn't off his nut he's a Flash ally as a fellow scientist), and I'm loving the change the future stuff. Altering the past is proven to be always wrong, but if the future is pliable than that's fine. Loved this ep.

Kevin Smith didn't write the episode. He just directed it. And I say "just" because he's said many times that him directing Flash and Supergirl isn't that impressive since the cast and crew already know how the shows work and he's just kind of there, having fun.

Has Stein not seen Thawne, either alone or merged with Jax?  Because, although I'd have to go back, Stein has full knowledge that a version of Thawne still exists in the timeline, considering he was face to face with him, along with Barry, and explained to Barry just *how* Thawne can still exist.  So it stands to reason, that if any of the Legends gave a description (they have seen Thawne standing still) that Stein can just go "Oh, it's Reverse Flash!"

The entire idea, from what I can gather is that as Thawne is now a time abberation, he has been removed from history. Thus, those who haven't encountered him repeatedly, will fall out of their memories. Think about it his way. Stein has a daughter now, and has been remembering his past with her even though it wasn't REALLY his past. The opposite is happening to Eobald.

This is what I get for posting mid-episode.  So Stein did know who it was, no one ever told him what the Speedster looked like and They never thought about the whole "unerasing himself from existance"

Also, I'm kinda wondering when Black Flash is coming for Barry.

6 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Legends was so much fucking fun. I flipped for the Legion of Doom intro by Dahrk .

I laughed and laughed and laughed some more at that.  Nice touch, Legends.  The show's picked up steam since coming back from the break and hot damn do I love it.  Same goes for Supergirl and Flash which I thoroughly enjoy.  And with the shows airing in two days (unless I fall asleep) I can get through them and have the rest of the week to do other things.  It's a refreshing change of pace.

The Arrow crew coincidentally finding a female metahuman with the same power (sonic cry) as Laurel was kind of a groaner.

On the plus side, they finally wrapped up Diggle's treason storyline.  I've liked this season an awful lot, but I cared not at all about Diggle's subplot.  

The idea of Mr. Terrific having a secret identity hairstyle is amusing.