DVDVR Message Board

Night of Champions IX

Dolfan in NYC

Let's see, the last we heard of Kane he was getting his pasty ass a tan on the Hawaiian beach. What do you do when a colleague sends you an a nice little vacation? I guess the proper etiquette is to give him a huge chokeslam when next you see him. Unfortunate that Sheamus didn't shout out his new catchphrase "Are you not entertained?" The spectacle of the entire audience shouting back a resounding "No!" would have been a fitting close to this clusterfuck. Really nice way to maximize the use of Sting, instead of a build to a match against Trips, we have a blow off before the feud even starts... Who booked this shit?

You, uh, missed a rather important part of the story, (Brock breaking Kane's leg after Rollins ran away and Seth Rollins bitching at Kane and then attacking him while doctors were working on him.

• Like 2

What is the end game in this Rusev/Summer/Dolph thing?  Rusev and Summer are very entertaining but god Dolph is still atrocious on the mic. 

Dolph Ziggler is a more baffling internet darling than Zack Ryder was for that 4 month span.

What is the end game in this Rusev/Summer/Dolph thing?  Rusev and Summer are very entertaining but god Dolph is still atrocious on the mic. 

Dolph's gonna hook up with Summer while Lana's hurt, Rusev and Lana get back together as a face couple. After that, who knows? Maybe Rusev gets a big push, maybe he trades wins with Dolph until he's irrelevant then wins an IC #1 contender battle royal.

I haven't seen it mentioned in my skimming of the thread but the most entertaining part of the show was Xavier's Rufio cosplay complete with screaming "NEW DAY OOOOOOH!!!" the whole match.

I must really be a loser, I have no idea about this Rufio. The crowd seemed to know exactly who Rufio was.

You've never seen Hook?

They could clearly use enough force to protect themselves, but it would be very easy for them to exceed that scope and get sued. Whether the crowd-jumper would be successful or not is an entirely different story, but beating the shit out of the guy easily would have opened themselves and the WWE up to liability.

This. Giving a rail-jumper the bum's rush is one thing. Explaining away 5 people stomping the shit out of a guy that never touched them as "self-defense" means a nice fat settlement for him, and that'd be even worse, because think about how many people might jump out of the crowd if there becomes a financial incentive to do so.

Man, I don't know if six figures is worth getting the shit kicked out of me by Roman Reigns and Luke Harper. I'd have to think long and hard about that. I mean, I guess I could buy the new veneers I'd need after the ass-whooping with the settlement money, but nah, I'd rather keep my teeth and avoid a courtroom.

I'm assuming that most people would also feel this way.

I'd take that ass kicking and laugh all the way to the bank. Granted, I'd be in a shit ton of pain and it would hurt to laugh, I'd still be laughing.

What is the end game in this Rusev/Summer/Dolph thing? Rusev and Summer are very entertaining but god Dolph is still atrocious on the mic.

Dolph loses both women, becomes mentally unstable, sees the light via Cody Rhodes and forms Ziggy Stardust.

• Like 9

Sounds like Jericho was Roman's idea.

I think Ambrose should have his own crack at finding a partner. What meth addicted hobo will Ambrose find?

If Sandman isn't in jail he's got to be Dean's first choice.

Even if Sandman IS in jail, he's still gotta be Dean's first pick.

His second choice should be New Jack.

What is the end game in this Rusev/Summer/Dolph thing? Rusev and Summer are very entertaining but god Dolph is still atrocious on the mic.

Dolph loses both women, becomes mentally unstable, sees the light via Cody Rhodes and forms Ziggy Stardust.

Which of them plays guitar?
  • Like 1

I haven't seen it mentioned in my skimming of the thread but the most entertaining part of the show was Xavier's Rufio cosplay complete with screaming "NEW DAY OOOOOOH!!!" the whole match.

I must really be a loser, I have no idea about this Rufio. The crowd seemed to know exactly who Rufio was.

You've never seen Hook?

Nope, never thought that not watching Hook would leave me out.