DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Fuck the haters. Jericho is still a better worker than half the roster, he is still beloved by the so called marks and he'd put over Bo Dallas or Heath Slater if you asked nicely. And not just lose, either, put over. There's a difference.

WWE would be in better shape if there were more vets like Jericho. Think Orton will be putting young dudes over at Jericho's age? Cena? Fuck outta here.

• Like 1

Fuck the haters. Jericho is still a better worker than half the roster, he is still beloved by the so called marks and he'd put over Bo Dallas or Heath Slater if you asked nicely. And not just lose, either, put over. There's a difference.

WWE would be in better shape if there were more vets like Jericho. Think Orton will be putting young dudes over at Jericho's age? Cena? Fuck outta here.

Jericho is willing to play ball. I could see him on a losing streak and getting into the religion of Bolieving. Now I want to see Jericho vs. Bo.

I don't think you realize that word doesn't have any effect on me. Usually the people who go around throwing words like that usually fall into that same category. I actually just think this is all really hilarious that I can get a rise out of people by simply having an opinion. Like I wonder what shit I'd get thrown my way if I said Caitlyn Jenner is a shitty person, or Eli Manning is an Elite QB.

Is there any other thing out there that has an insulting term for its own fans created by the performers?

Tricks?

Illusions, Michael.

I thought tricks was the act of using your sexual skills for money. Johns was the term for "fans" if you will, but I think that term comes form the trying to be anonymous aspect involved in trying to use the skills of a professional working lady.

I don't fault Jericho for being a company guy. I just miss the days when the guy was entertaining. He was never the same after he left in 2010.

And not just because of the shitty tats and plastic surgery.

Gotta be honest, I know I just defended him and I meant it but I don't think he's ever been as good as he was in WCW. That said, still totally a great guy to have on the roster.

I don't fault Jericho for being a company guy. I just miss the days when the guy was entertaining. He was never the same after he left in 2010.

And not just because of the shitty tats and plastic surgery.

Gotta be honest, I know I just defended him and I meant it but I don't think he's ever been as good as he was in WCW. That said, still totally a great guy to have on the roster.

Couldn't agree more, on both counts.

I don't think you realize that word doesn't have any effect on me. Usually the people who go around throwing words like that usually fall into that same category. I actually just think this is all really hilarious that I can get a rise out of people by simply having an opinion. Like I wonder what shit I'd get thrown my way if I said Caitlyn Jenner is a shitty person, or Eli Manning is an Elite QB.

Is there any other thing out there that has an insulting term for its own fans created by the performers?

Fanboy

Here's some interesting reading if you are into wrestlers contracts

WCW around the year 2000

http://www.scribd.com/doc/282738951/WCW-Talent-Contract-Database

Next time somebody bandies about conspiracy theories of why WCW doesn't exist anymore show them fun things like Ernest Miller making $400k a year and T-Pack getting 1.2 in the year 2000. It's a lot more direct reason than anything else people cite.

Don't think it counts unless members of the industry use the term

Feel like the people who hate jericho most are people who used to like him but then read all three of his books?

Anyway, per the observer the wrestlemania main event is up in the air. Is it time for REIGNS VS LESNAR II: THE MATCH TOO SMALL FOR WRESTLEMANIA?

The Natural Born Thrillers were getting hosed. They were every-week midcarders making less than some refs and de facto retirees, and arguably not even a living wage if their travel wasn't covered. Stacy was getting it pretty bad too. She had some per-show bonuses that might have gotten her near the 100k range, but seeing that makes the whole "writing her off with a pregnancy angle" thing look really bad in retrospect.