DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 17 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I am pretty sure that they announced "Cool for the Summer" was the official theme song of Summerslam

They had been using something else called "Big Summer." If they announced Cool for the Summer as it, then it wasn't on any of the Hulu re-broadcasts, which is how I watch Raw.

By the way, I've been watching Raw on Hulu Plus for months now and it's the best way to watch Raw, I think.

Ambrose and Reigns should never turn on each other. They should just be mid-90s Luger and Sting. Ambrose can do the shady shit while Reigns is oblivious to it all. They can have miscommunications here and there but they never fully turn on each other. Sometimes I think RAW would be better if they locked the writers in a room and made them watch NITRO from 1995-mid 1998 (stop at the NITRO where Goldberg pins Hogan) Have Goldust, Regal, Kane and Hunter sit in the room and tell the writers which ideas sucked and which were good, why those ideas were good and bad and just steal all the good ideas.

That would be better with Reigns as Luger.  Especially if he ends up challenging the Roadies to a Chicago Street Fight despite being from the suburbs,

Ambrose and Reigns should never turn on each other. They should just be mid-90s Luger and Sting. Ambrose can do the shady shit while Reigns is oblivious to it all. They can have miscommunications here and there but they never fully turn on each other. Sometimes I think RAW would be better if they locked the writers in a room and made them watch NITRO from 1995-mid 1998 (stop at the NITRO where Goldberg pins Hogan) Have Goldust, Regal, Kane and Hunter sit in the room and tell the writers which ideas sucked and which were good, why those ideas were good and bad and just steal all the good ideas.

That would be better with Reigns as Luger.  Especially if he ends up challenging the Roadies to a Chicago Street Fight despite being from the suburbs,

and Hawk being dead

If Jon Stewart opens the show with "In brightest day, in blackest night... I will fucking lose it for sure...

I'm sad people beat me to the Jon Stewart/Green Lantern jokes.  As a Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams fan, I'd mark out for a John Stewart/Stephen Amell teamup.

I like Dolph more than most people, but pairing him with Lana is generating "turn off the tv" heat with me.  Actually, anything involving Lana anymore is a chore to sit through.  It would have been hilarious if they gave her the diva megapush over Charlotte/Sasha/Becky/etc.  Not sure the rumored Eva Marie push will be an improvement.

Becky's orange troll-doll hair is.... something.

• Like 1

Nikki's wrestling injured so I thought she did well, considering. Cool to see Sasha go over though. It's the right decision with her match with Bayley coming up. If the WWE really wants to give Team Bella some heel heat, they will have them cost Sasha the title in New York. 

Given how much Ambrose has been talking about how he and Reigns will always be there for each other, and how they brought up Wyatt has gotten into Reigns head, what are the odds that Reigns is the one that turns?

ONE of them is. This storyline is Rule #2 on the list of Wrestling Tropes

A Reigns heel turn would be amazing, but it's not going to happen.

Ambrose works as a Wyatt if they keep the character about the same, but with the occasional "dark" outburst, and he's put on essentially equal footing with Bray.

So no, it won't work.

Given how much Ambrose has been talking about how he and Reigns will always be there for each other, and how they brought up Wyatt has gotten into Reigns head, what are the odds that Reigns is the one that turns?

ONE of them is. This storyline is Rule #2 on the list of Wrestling Tropes

Yeah, and I think it'll be Ambrose because they still want Roman as THE guy.

Apparently there are TWO theme songs this year

Cool for Summer is one

The other song is "Big Summer" by CFO$.

There really is only one song they should be considering-

Wrong.

Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

It's the best summerjam of all time.

• Like 2