DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

Here's your highlight video from the Manchester derby:

That was the sleepiest derby in years. Seemed like both clubs were playing not to win and boy howdy did it show.

The less said for NYCFC last night the better (they were clearly already on the golf courses)... but they had one of their best crowds of the year (34K) on a night long after they'd already been eliminated. No mistake, their fanbase is strong and they would do well to stay on top of things. Nailing down an actual stadium site would go a long way.

Quick note : Barcelona FC match against Eibar was great. As I mentioned in the first page of this thread, Suarez was my favourite player in the Premier League so getting to see him score three in one night was pretty remarkable. Seats were great, much closer to the pitch than I had anticipated. Football works really well as a spectator sport. Stadium looked about 80% full which would put it around 80,000 people but it's really hard to guess that kind of thing. All-in-all, well worth the price of admission and actually got my dad checking out Real Madrid tickets for this coming weekend ( they go on to Madrid, me and the wife fly back to Myanmar ).

• Like 1

Jermaine Jones put his hands on the ref. Even MLS is going to have to suspend him for several games next season. He may be the single scummiest and hateable player in the entire league.

Reports on Twitter that those lovely Impact fans attacked TFC fans with battons before tonight's match. This is why there was so much glee when they lost CCL final.

So the recent timeline of Leeds United. Uwe Rosler is sacked as Leeds head coach in the middle of October replaced by the controversal Steve Evans, This is Massimo Cellino SIXTH Leeds head coach since he took over the club in April 2014. The same day this happened, Cellino is banned from running the football club for a second time in a year by the Football League. Evans is still without a win after losing at home 2-0 to Blackburn Rovers yesterday conceding the first after only SEVENTEEN seconds and the second five minutes later. Leeds haven't won at home since March. What a fucking mess.

That's without mentioning all the lawsuits. Or Cellino's habit of hiring a law firm, using them in a few court settlements that go badly, and then firing them without actually paying them for anything. Or firing Lucy Ward (youth team development officer; People like James Milner and Fabian Delph say she's the reason they made it in football) for taking time off when she'd asked for it (and been allowed it).

You know how the Glazer family act like millionaires but don't actually have any money, just valuable assets? I think Cellino's like a worse version of that.

• Like 1