DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

Pres/CEO of Bundesliga was interesting guest at Blazercon, talking about making inroads in US, definitely happy to be on Fox. Played up all the inrenational in the league. They had as many players in WC 14 as did the premier league.

The NBC panel was also good. They showed outtakes from the ted lasso commercials. I got to talk to one of the producers after the panel, and complimented them on how many segments they have not showing the talent

UK & Ireland definitively better than the rest of the World. Bit of a funny game, you could tell why a few of them retired. Not often Darren Fletcher looks around the team and realises he's the fastest and most agile midfielder out there. And double Beckhams on the pitch because Brooklyn is absolutely good enough to be out there.

At one point, Rio Ferdy was going to play. With Terry and Cole in the same defence. But then he changed his mind. Zizou wasn't there for obvious reasons, but the FFF says France vs England at Wembley is absolutely still going ahead no matter what.

Cosmos win NASL title with a 3-2 victory over the Ottawa Fury. Fun game and Raul goes out a champion. Also ran into an old friend from high school I hadn't seen in years so all in all a great night.

Just signed up for the ESC bus trip to Columbus. Cost: $27. Bus leaves at Midnight Saturday-Sunday, goes straight to Columbus and comes back right after the game. I'm going to need a lot of coffee.

• Like 1

Why, are you driving? :)

----

Ray Hudson was great at blazer con, telling some moving stories about his first ever trip to the camp nou and hearing his commentary used for highlights in the stadium tour, including one of the climactic messi goals.

• Like 1

Oof.

Reports are fans whistled and booed during the moment of silence during Greece vs Turkey last night.

Some say an "Allahu Akbar" chant broke out too.  (I honestly do not hear it.)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/video-soccer-fans-chant-allahu-akbar-paris-tribute-article-1.2438142

So pants free. Klopp's decision to start Firmino for his work ethic and technique in tight spaces has paid off in spades. I think people are starting to see the skill in attack Liverpool has. This is without Sturridge and Benteke. Talk of a complete rebuild I thought was a bit silly.

City has had nothing on a attack due to the pressing throughout the entire pitch. Starting to see the power of gegenpressing.