DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

Palace can fuck off imo.

Yea, it's only a minor blip though and their winning goal was scrappy. Liverpool had some good chances to score (especially Benteke) and if they converted those they'd have won. The defense definitely needs to sorted out a great deal. Maybe in January they'll give Jurgen some cash to spend so they can bring in some quality defenders. As long as this loss doesn't deflate the players confidence and start off a string of losses with the fans starting to turn on Klopp is when team morale will drop. He's still the right man for the job (in my opinion anyway) and even if Rafa came back or they got Ancelotti it would still take time to turn it around. I mean look at Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, that's a situation where fans should be concerned because if the board do stick by him and they keep on losing they could even get wrapped up in the relegation dog-fight and I don't think Jose's ever had to deal with that before at any of the teams he's managed. Even Cloughie (for all his successes) couldn't keep Notts Forest from being relegated. So whilst I'm sure some Liverpool fans attitudes towards Jurgen Klopp has changed a little as I assume some thought he would hit the ground running and go on a massive string of wins and get to the top 3. But football doesn't work like that and I think Klopp is an appointment where not only should the fans, but the Liverpool upper echelon management needs to give him time and allow him to initiate his philosophies and style of play is integrated into the team. He's also still without some key players so once Sturridge is back and Hendo they should be great additions to his starting line up when available. But I do think Liverpool has to spend in the transfer market and get the right players to fit into his system and farm out those who don't or aren't good enough. 

In the new episode of the pod, i talk to Roger Bennett about Blazer Con this weekend, booking big name guests for the con, the fall of Chelsea, Everton's yo-yo season, the passing of Howard Kendall and more. (And Matt D and i talk doctor who, comics and what WWE does with the title post seth's injury.)

Tinyurl.com/winterep15

Palace can fuck off imo.

Yea, it's only a minor blip though and their winning goal was scrappy. Liverpool had some good chances to score (especially Benteke) and if they converted those they'd have won. The defense definitely needs to sorted out a great deal. Maybe in January they'll give Jurgen some cash to spend so they can bring in some quality defenders. As long as this loss doesn't deflate the players confidence and start off a string of losses with the fans starting to turn on Klopp is when team morale will drop. He's still the right man for the job (in my opinion anyway) and even if Rafa came back or they got Ancelotti it would still take time to turn it around. I mean look at Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, that's a situation where fans should be concerned because if the board do stick by him and they keep on losing they could even get wrapped up in the relegation dog-fight and I don't think Jose's ever had to deal with that before at any of the teams he's managed. Even Cloughie (for all his successes) couldn't keep Notts Forest from being relegated. So whilst I'm sure some Liverpool fans attitudes towards Jurgen Klopp has changed a little as I assume some thought he would hit the ground running and go on a massive string of wins and get to the top 3. But football doesn't work like that and I think Klopp is an appointment where not only should the fans, but the Liverpool upper echelon management needs to give him time and allow him to initiate his philosophies and style of play is integrated into the team. He's also still without some key players so once Sturridge is back and Hendo they should be great additions to his starting line up when available. But I do think Liverpool has to spend in the transfer market and get the right players to fit into his system and farm out those who don't or aren't good enough. 

Klopp is great, I have no complaints other than the Can for Firmino swap was a bit ambitious and threw the balance of the formation out of whack. Not having a holding midfielder to help out with Lucas is an issue in squad makeup that lies squarely on Rodgers' shoulders. He rarely deployed a DM and the CBs were constantly overexposed because of it. He tried to ship off the one senior DM we had in the summer too. 

I loved how the team responded to the first Palace goal, wouldn't see that earlier in the season or last season. The goals came from one or two mistakes, not much system wise and I really liked as a whole how the team played. They're moving in the right direction and Klopp is going to instill more and more belief in the players as time goes by. I'm really excited about the future but people expecting instant success are out to lunch.

The defence is playing pretty well as of now too. Clyne and Moreno are good attacking fullbacks, Sakho is a top tier CB when he's healthy :( , and Lovren is nowhere near as bad as he was last season. I don't think plunking down a huge chunk of the transfer budget on a CB is a good idea. An upgrade between the sticks wouldn't be a bad idea though. Mignolet makes so many bad decisions, doesn't hold the ball well, and has poor control of his area. I thought his kicking accuracy was horrendous but the stats suggest otherwise. I guess when he misses, he misses terribly. 

At RBA there is a single red seat in the supporters section to celebrate the first goal ever scored there. It is in the 8th row for the 8th minute and is seat 20 for Joel Lindpere (who scored the goal). The team took the #20 off the seat and replaced it with a plaque with the initials M.V. for Mike Vallo. I've been as critical of the people running this team as anyone but there is not enough credit in the world I can give them for this. Just a tremendous and classy gesture that means so much to all of us in the ESC family.

Vancouver just doesn't have anything to break down the Portland defense tonight.

My friends are way more into the Caps than I am, but from everything I know that's been the story of their entire season. Very toothless upfront. 

C'mon guys.  Jose is gonna turn this around and win the League next year!  I'll even go out and predict the table for next year

Chelsea

Reading

QPR

Sheffield Wednesday...

• Like 1

Some folks want Moyes to Fulham.

I don't think that's bad. If you are a middling side whose goal is being in the top flight with some modest success Moyes is your guy. If your goal is titles not so much. He is the perfect example of the Peter Principle.

Real Sociedad says wat

Foreign team. Different from a middling UK side. Moyes would probably be effective for a Fulham level team like he was for Everton.

Fulham? Naah, he's a Northwestern Manager. Can't be doing no London team. He should wait for the Bolton job to open up. It's bound to happen soon, they're doing terribly.

Richard Scudamore was the opening guest at Blazer Con tonight. Didnt really say much, but did take a couple good natured pokes at Chelsea. Said 39th game was flawed idea because they had no good idea how to do it without fan revolt in uk.

Biggest news may have been that Rebecca Lowe is expecting.