DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

I've been within 3000 miles of Old Trafford.  Can I use "we"?

I've been within 300 yards of that Stadium, and I never would.

I've been inside Man City's stadium though. Prince was playing a gig at Maine Road in like 1993.

I am on a bus somewhere in Western Pennsylvania headed to Columbus. A friend of mine summed up the state: In the east you have Philly. In the west you have Pittsburgh. In the center is Harrisburg/Hershey. The rest of the state is Alabama.

I got my cans of Skyline chilli from a local Giant Eagle so I've already won. Also squirled away some leftover cans of Red Bull from the tailgate (and considering I haven't slept in 24 hours I need it).

Trip ended up being a glorious disaster. Besides the result, some of the Columbus Cosplay Faux Hooligans came into our section with a Crew flag. This was despite the fact that there was security there specifically to prevent this. In fact the security moron stood there and laughed. When people from our group took matters into their own hands she ran in the opposite direction. Result was a mele with one of our guys arrested. Then we had to wait an hour to leave the stadium with the crack security. We finally get on our busses but we had to make an unscheduled stop at a police station to get the guy the cops arrested. There's another 90 minute delay. Keep in mind the guy was arrested in an incident that was totally on the stadium security being incompetent. We didn't get back to RBA until 7 in the morning and as of typing this I am on a train home having not really slept in close to 48 hours. Only good thing was getting the Skyline, because other than that it was the worst trip since the one in 2009 to Foxboro that saw the Kraftstapo mace a guy in a wheelchair.

...y'know they're are some aspects of European fandom we don't NEED to emulate.

Tell me about it. You have no idea how sick I am of people trying to live out Green Street Hooligans. For the most part I enjoy getting along with other supporters (for example there were a group of Crew fans by our tailgate and they offered some of our guys beer and they ended up swapping scarves). Problem is the assholes ruin it for everyone.

Watching Chelsea/Tel Aviv mainly because none of the other games on are even partway interesting (Bayern up 3 goals in 20 minutes). Haven't actually seen Predrag Rajkovic play before but heard a lot of hype about him as one of Europe's best young goalkeepers. And he's been pretty phenomenal in this game, probably the best player out there on the day.

And naturally since I said that 10 man Tel Aviv have fallen apart pretty badly in the last third of the game, but still. It could have been even worse.

MIGNOLET!!!!!!!!!

americanrage.gif

16 fucking seconds. Please get a goalkeeper in January.

Haven't seen it but if it's any consolation, you made me chuckle, pal. I didn't see the Manchester United game last night but sounds like I didn't miss much. Manchester United that bad?

I had the PSV match on yesterday in the background. Felt really flat without much attacking from either side. And that's the possible English league champions at home.

BENTEKE! Rodgers didn't get a whole lot right in the transfer market, but Benteke has kicked all sorts of ass. 

MIGNOLET!!!!!!!!!

americanrage.gif

16 fucking seconds. Please get a goalkeeper in January.

Haven't seen it but if it's any consolation, you made me chuckle, pal. I didn't see the Manchester United game last night but sounds like I didn't miss much. Manchester United that bad?

They're not that bad,

But they're not that good either.  It's sad, because United finally gets a good midfield, but the strikers can't get hot like, ever.  Still a couple more years until the kids are steady.