DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

didnt orton sr blade when he was doing something with taker?

Armageddon 2005, inside Hell in a Cell. I believe that's the same year that Taker and Randy had a 'Mania match and it was pretty damn good.

Regardless of what one feels about Punk as a worker or personality or whatever, my opinion is that it's completely unreasonable to say that there wasn't money left on the table when it comes to the post MITB 2011 momentum, and I'll argue that until my heart explodes from the polish sausage trapped in its lining.

• Like 3

Punk's one of those guys who will never be satisfied unless he's moving onwards and upwards. That's not necessarily a bad thing, and you can tell Vince rather liked him for it. But it was always going to be a problem in the 21st century WWE because he'll just keep wanting more and more, and no matter how much they had pushed him it would have all worked out more or less the same. He had crossover appeal, but he was not the new Hogan/Austin/Rock.

didnt orton sr blade when he was doing something with taker?

Yeah, but the thing was I think he didn't know he had it (or it was long long long dormant in him) and there was something about Johnny Ace intentionally not telling Taker and everyone else after they did a routine blood test before hand. This goes back to my thing about him being a stooge working his way up the ladder. No care for employee safety...here, have a promotion.

As for Nigel, I believe he said he can still wrestle if he wants but he has no desire to. Basically he failed the WWE physical and I believe it was because he couldn't pass their concussion test. Honestly its kinda amazing Daniel Bryan ever did considering he did a lot of the same kind of things Nigel did if not more. But I remember Nigel couldn't get into the WWE so he ended up in TNA which wasn't bad. I loved him as Desmond Wolfe. Of course TNA being TNA didn't help. At least I got see him vs. Angle a few times which was pretty good.

Getting back to Nigel, it was my impression that he retired not due to injury but because WWE wasn't interested anymore and he had no desire to work anywhere else.

IIRC he contracted a bloodborne illness which forced him to retire. He has spoken out numerous times against blading because I think that's how it happened.
He did have Hep B at one point, but it's been clear for years. However, WWE's not interested anymore and he doesn't wanna wrestle anywhere else.

EDIT: If his L.A. Fights kickstarter has worked, he was gonna wrestle there.

Let's say Hogan dies next week. How would WWE handle it? They'd have to acknowledge it, right? And after the big showings they gave Dusty and Piper after they passed, you'd think Hogan would warrant something similar. But with his recent racial issues......how does that go? Do they ignore his legacy and just put up an "In Memory" graphic like they've done with "lesser" deaths? Or do they go full out with the memorial video packages and the full nine yards?

Let's say Hogan dies next week. How would WWE handle it? They'd have to acknowledge it, right? And after the big showings they gave Dusty and Piper after they passed, you'd think Hogan would warrant something similar. But with his recent racial issues......how does that go? Do they ignore his legacy and just put up an "In Memory" graphic like they've done with "lesser" deaths? Or do they go full out with the memorial video packages and the full nine yards?

Honestly, they'd probably have to go all out with the memorial video packages and full nine yards. Even with the recent scandal, if Hogan were to conceivably die next week, then that would change the narrative of the story from "Hulk Hogan was secretly a racist all along, look at what he said on his sex tape!" to "Gawker Media was so desperate to save their ass in a lawsuit they kept hammering until it drove Hulk Hogan to his death- even if it was [blank], make no mistake- Gawker murdered Hulk Hogan!"- and in the process, turn Hogan from a doddering racist asshole into a tragic victim who died for social media's sins.

I thought Nigel failed the WWE physical due to an old torn bicep injury they wanted him to get fixed. I doubt their concussion tests were very accurate back then considering the way they botched handling Bryan's injury this year.

I thought Nigel failed the WWE physical due to an old torn bicep injury they wanted him to get fixed. I doubt their concussion tests were very accurate back then considering the way they botched handling Bryan's injury this year.

Hard to separate fact from fiction in what actually happened there but I remember reading Bryan initially passed the concussion test and then the symptoms returned. If that IS what actually happened it would help support the idea that Bryan went over that concussion threshold where he just really can't take any kind of bumps without getting another concussion. Kind of like a football player who has gotten so many concussions that every hit/sack ends up injuring them. See: Kevin Kolb

Is anyone on here a Facebook friend of Billy Jack Hanyes? That dude has lost it.

There was some type of issue featuring Dan Spivey and Adam Clarke too.

It's a really sad/hilarious situation.

I am, though I confess I haven't been paying too much attention.

Not to bring the sleaze, but just read the last 3-4 extensive status updates he's posted referring to Vince McMahon as a tyrant and accusing him and Stone Cold of for Pipper's death and accusing Austin of being a wife beater.