DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I don't need to be doing this.

But I preordered GTA5 anyway.  Expect it to arrive tomorrow.

I still haven't even really played more than the very beginning of 4.

I blame Lazlow for this, as he dipped back into his radio roots to do promo work for the game on local (sports talk) radio stations, making me aware of this franchise anew.  And I remembered all the fun times with Vice City and San Andreas and just like that 60 dollars was gone.

I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City. But I'll be damned if I didn't grab a copy of GTA V at the Exchange today while I was there.

I don't know whether to buy the game now as the last Grand Theft Auto game I liked was Vice City, wait as I need to save for Christmas or ask for it at Christmas as I nearly always get a game or two at that time of year. Be interested to read the reaction here to Grand Theft Auto V so far. What's the difficulty like?

I don't know whether to buy the game now as the last Grand Theft Auto game I liked was Vice City, wait as I need to save for Christmas or ask for it at Christmas as I nearly always get a game or two at that time of year. Be interested to read the reaction here to Grand Theft Auto V so far. What's the difficulty like?

A bit of a learning curve if Vice City is the last GTA you played, but the game eases you into it. And I'll be damned if this isn't one of the best games I have ever played.

A bit of a learning curve if Vice City is the last GTA you played, but the game eases you into it. And I'll be damned if this isn't one of the best games I have ever played.

Thank you.

Anybody having issues with their game? The installation seems to be the main problem:

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport

Just as a heads up, while they did change shooting mechanics, they also (or at least seem) to have made weapons stronger as well. In past GTA's you could easily be unarmed, and kill someone with a knife, in this one you almost have to have a weapon, or you die pretty quickly.

Thank you.

Anybody having issues with their game? The installation seems to be the main problem:

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport

From what I read most of that is from people trying to install the wrong disc on the 360 version.

No parachute in the blimpFound out the hard way

I was once banned for two weeks from Yahoo Answers for telling a kid that you could hit the action button to retract the landing gear of the Annihilator in GTA4.  Some people have no sense of humor.

I love it when you accidentally jump out of a helicopter when you are high over Liberty City.  Niko screams for so long that he runs out of breath and has time to scream again before he hits.  I would probably shit myself and pass out long before suffering certain splatification if that ever happened to me in real life.

I played a stranger mission. Turned out it was a mission to set up the racing portion of the game. I said to myself "Alright, if I lose it'll probably be a mission passed anyway". So I picked up the nearest Camaro(That was a big mistake). Turns out I had to win the race no matter what. I swear if it wasn't for Franklin's special ability I would have been replaying this mission for 5 hours. But It still took me an hour because of the Camaro's poor handling, and speed. Plus, I didn't know the layout of the course.

Just got an email from my complex saying I have a UPS package, so my copy will be there when I get home. (Either that or my Shadowrun backers' box has finally arrived. Or both!)

I am actually semi thankful for the crazy install time; it's the only way I would make it to the gym today. Besides, I survived MGS4 on the day I got my PS3. This won't be half as infuriating...right?

LOL, XBOX OWNERS ARE AS STUPID AS THEIR IDIOT MACHINES.

Gotta love racist wannabe rapping 12-year-olds that can't read or follow simple instructions.

It's also people installing the whole game so that it (supposedly) runs better - less pop up, drive noise, etc.

That is what I gleaned from reading part of a thread at NeoGAF, but those are nerds who can supposedly tell when the FPS in a game drops to 25 versus 30.

There is also the inevitable blowback (reviews were bought, game performs terribly, etc.) and of course the "I'm too cool to play GTA" crew.

Wasn't entirely sold on this until I got to walk/drive around in the city.  Now I'm loving it.  My only misgiving is it seems really easy to kill your character early on.  I mean, I was so psyched to hear Phil Collins on the radio that I plowed into the back end of a car, shot through the windshield and died on impact, then later I jumped out of a car, was fine then a chainlink fence fell on me and killed me.  Come on!

Still, super fun.  And amazing radio stations.

Am I gonna have to do this one mission literally 5,000,000 times before I figure out the simple act of driving a damn car? Can't they just let me drive a car around a big, empty parking lot like when I was trying to learn to drive a real car before they make me try to keep up with people when every correct steer is a minor miracle? 

I should start a Twitter: "Old Man Plays Grand Theft Auto V, Bitches a Lot About It."

Oh boy... I haven't really completed many missions yet. I decided to take it to the streets just now and just ride around basically and I bumped into a guy while I was backing my car up. Ok fine. I got out and he wanted to fight me so I hit him with a nice combination and he fell to the ground. Out of nowhere this white boy wannabe gangsta hops out of his Jeep and starts shooting at me. I ducked behind my car and then popped up and unloaded 3 into his chest. He fell limp and was pressed up against his vehicle with blood everywhere...

LOL.

That is what I gleaned from reading part of a thread at NeoGAF, but those are nerds who can supposedly tell when the FPS in a game drops to 25 versus 30.

Guys like that crack me up.  There's a guy on the Pinball Arcade forums that claims to be able to detect single frames of animation in Street Fighter 4 and tell you how long input lag is in terms of partial FPS.  He's full of crap but, hey, whatever works for him, I guess.

I went to Gamestop after work to pick up my preorder thinking there wouldn't beva line... wrong. Even at 6 pm there was still about 30 people queued up, never seen anything like that.

Installing now but I gotta do adult things before I can sneak in an hour or so before bed.

The steelbook packaging on the special edition is cool but it sucks how the bonus map doesn't fit in it.