DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-6-15

MGFanJay

Recap of last week's Raw opening took a while, we got Heyman being great, and a goofy set of comedy bits with Kane and J and J. Show and Ryback killed a hot crowd, with co-star The Miz. Brie and Paige had a bad match. Bray-Roman recap. Cripes! Goofy Bray-related shit ended a nothing Roman-Sheamus match. Rusev BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF DOLPH in easily the best thing on the show to this point. Bo lost to Dean in a nothing match.

THEN BROCK LESNAR DESTROYED A FUCKING CAR. Lucha Dragons lost to New Day in a match with Titus shining oh so brightly as a guest commentator burying JBL constantly. Then we got a fantastic Cena-Cesaro match. This was even better than last week's match. They got a ton of time and it felt so good to see Cesaro in a big match - the overrun match, for the first time in ages. The US Title also felt elevated a bit by this, and a damned WRESTLING MATCH WAS THE STAR OF THE SHOW HERE. SUPER AA FOR THE WIN. Wow. Cesaro was elevated in defeat, and in WWE, it's rare that anyone is elevated in victory.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/wwe-raw-7-6-15.html

Screens -

daa409420115518.jpg

4db680420115564.jpg

Oh, MY CAR!

16bd9f420125838.jpg

b8ac15420125895.jpg

ae3d63420125957.jpg

3dfdf3420128019.jpg  tt

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/hlkmozgp009u7xne44y0g3h02ef3vw9d

Great match.  Cesaro's career arc in WWE is the strangest thing.  He'll lose random ass nothing matches to nobodies but every time it's him and Cena or another main eventer he steps up and either wins or loses but in an epic.. 

Does WWE ever pull the trigger with a consistent push?  I guess not. I don't know.  I'm struggling to think of a guy like him who was booked so strong in big matches but so poorly otherwise.

Brock fucking Lesnar destroyed a fucking car with a fucking ax and ripped a fucking door off and slung it 500 fucking feet. That's all you need to know about this show.

So Cena is doing a full on Davey Richards gimmick now? That main event lost me. I'm pretty much over Cena epics there's no where else to go with that style. I though it started sloppy, and the parts with Cesaro working rest holds were tone deaf to that audience. They recovered nicely with some cool shit, and then went on forever with kicking out of every move under the sun, and some Angle/Benoit submission reversal shit.

• Like 1

The Caddy bit the dust!  Thank you, wrestling based Lesnar!

Someone check on J&J, because they might be dead.  Same goes for the Lucha Dragon (Sin Cara, I think).

WHAT DOES A $55,000 CADDY GOT TO DO WITH THIS MATCH?  Titus O'Neil was a breath of fresh air.

Here's how you know you've booked a feud wrong, Vince:  when the so-called villian gives the face a tracheotomy with a crutch--and we cheer for the heel to finish what he started.

• Like 2

We might need Cena and non-Cena MOTY divisions.

It's funny, this past March I was granting that the best argument against Cena was he didn't deliver consistently well week in and week or on TV the way he did in big matches on ppv.

At 37 years old, he suddenly has become mid-late 00's Rey Mysterio. You know, the best weekly TV wrestler in the world. What the fuck?

Note I am decidedly not complaining.

• Like 1

Brock Lesnar killed a car on WWE Raw last night, as rumors say he had planned to do. He then reportedly took the WWE Championship Seth Rollins left behind, telling our cameramen "Hawaii is next, Kane" as he left the arena where the crime was committed. Our Hawaiian journalist took the following picture later that night:

Car%20First%20Hawaii%20Next_zpsnpla7qwo.

We lost contact with our journalist shortly thereafter. We'll report again as we learn more.

• Like 10

I didn't pay attention to most of the show with work being busy, but Brock going Street Fighter 2 on the car was something else.  Speaking of which, that needs to be shopped.

The production crew almost missed the end of that awesome main event by panning to the car for no fucking reason.  Though they did almost miss Cena either botching or just crappily executing that Lethal injection.  The crowd was actually chanting Cesaro's name instead of the usual "this is awesome" and "Cena sucks".  Raw overrunning every week when they have three hours to get all their crap in needs to stop, but if there was ever a time it was actually appropriate this was it.  This would have also been the perfect time to bring back the time limit draw to a match.  When was the last time there was actually one of those in the WWE?  

• Like 1

That main event.  Holy fuck.  Cesaro is solid gold.  

My friend who went tonight told me Cena invited him back into the ring and gave him mad props.  Hopefully a big Cesaro push is coming sooner rather than later.   A triple-threat at Summerslam would rule.

And when I texted Josh "RIP Redneck Caddy" before the segment, I didn't expect Brock to actually murder the car.   Holy christ.  Someone please check Joey Mercury's neck. 

I think Titus wrecked JBL worse than Brock did to that car.

This.  1000 times this.  I think JBL was legit mad as Titus danced absolute circles around him while fucking his wife in front of him.  Verbally. 

• Like 2

We might need Cena and non-Cena MOTY divisions.

It's funny, this past March I was granting that the best argument against Cena was he didn't deliver consistently well week in and week or on TV the way he did in big matches on ppv.

At 37 years old, he suddenly has become mid-late 00's Rey Mysterio. You know, the best weekly TV wrestler in the world. What the fuck?

Note I am decidedly not complaining.

Who else gets all that time, tons of finisher kickouts and A-level opponents every week?

He's been great but it's a lot to do with the booking as well.

Owens drops the NXT title, gets punked by Cesaro, and takes an AA after attacking Cena who just worked for 30 minutes. He's still not an established guy to most of the audience so I don't know how much of this they can get away with before he becomes just another mid card dude.

Cena/Cesaro was indeed great. I was surprised when they didn't have a DQ due to interference for the finish. At least three other matches tonight had interference. Gotta say "enough is enough" before you become Bruce Hart or whoever was booking TNA in that time where every match ended with interference+roll-up.

Anyway, the match displayed two things proudly: Cesaro is definitely good for a main event push and Cena will continue to be the champ/the man for as long as he's still here (and I mean that in the best way).