DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Career mode uses the default roster and will import your friends' career mode wrestlers to interfere and feud with you

Creative Suite works like last year but with way more options for stuff, the ability to create women now, and face morphing.

100 slots instead of 25.

So the career mode uses other people's shitty career mode wrestlers and not my own awesome create a wrestlers?  That's disappointing, but I'm liking everything else I'm hearing from you guys.

The new reversal system changes the game completely.  It adds a bit of strategy to when you should do a reversal, and adds a much better sense of ebb and flow to the match.  There's also a lot of nice touches to matches that I've only just started getting into - for instance, you can attack someone during their entrance now on the floor, but if you don't get back to the ring in a reasonable amount of time, the referee actually calls the match off as a no contest.

This is the best gameplay I've felt in the game in years and I'd highly recommend it.

Speaking of which:

• Like 2

I'm really curious about the 2K16 Creation Studio app.  It has potential to be great, just hoping they don't make it a complicated mess like last year.  Wish they put it out now, but I guess they're waiting until the international release date.  https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k16-creation-studio-announced-for-mobile-devices

You could either do it that way or edit his moveset to have the RKO as a regular-ass grapple.

First match I played was Rude (with Heenan) vs Savage (with Miss Elizabeth) and the ref threw the match out because I jumped Macho before the bell and didn't take it back to the ring, like Mike said

Pretty extensive selection of managers this time.  Was surprised to see Pat Patterson and Brad Maddox on the list.  I really really reeeeally hope this means we can have Bobby Heenan manage us in MyCareer, I haven't even touched that mode yet.

• Like 1

Caws.we is one. They've already got an accurate Kurt Angle face in progress. Face morphing looks to be a big deal.

I thought it was caws.ws.  Either way, didn't see much on there, though for day one that's to be expected.  But I figure in a week or so there's going to be a lot to check out.

And regarding that RKO video, as good as it is imagine DDP doing the Diamond Cutter instead.  Him doing that then flashing the symbol would be tremendous, tremendous viewing.

And it's damn near criminal to work with this game waiting for me.  So much goodness to check out, so little time.

• Like 1

Forgot to menton - chain wrestling has been overhauled so that it actually makes sense.  The match doesn't start with it automatically anymore.  It only happens if you and your opponent try to grapple each other at exactly the same time.

• Like 1

On UpUpDownDown, Murpho streamed mycareer mode. For three hours 20 minutes. I haven't watched any of it, but it's on youtube if  you want it.

I got the PS3 version.

I tried an online match, but I was lagging seconds behind, so I got slaughtered. On a positive note, they re-added using custom music. I hated them pulling that out of '15.

Sadly, it's still not in the PS4 or XBOne versions since the systems don't support custom soundtracks.

MyCareer is pretty fun so far, although I'm not super-deep into it.

My character, "Number One" Simon Montana, started as a Flair-type heel in NXT, forming a very brief team with Baron Corbin until suddenly ending up in a feud with Tyler Breeze, who cost him a match against Sami Zayn.  By way of my interviews, I ended up turning face almost immediately.  Trying to think of how to revamp my character now to fit better...