DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

I feel better about the game having seen the creation trailer. Looks like we'll be able to at least make some halfway-decent CAWs this year.

The create a show feature is already has me intrigued. I'm curious about whether or not there will be a way to import music into the create an entrance, because my CAW Universe needs their correct entrance themes.

There won't be. This is cockblocked by Sony and MS.

I feel better about the game having seen the creation trailer. Looks like we'll be able to at least make some halfway-decent CAWs this year.

The create a show feature is already has me intrigued. I'm curious about whether or not there will be a way to import music into the create an entrance, because my CAW Universe needs their correct entrance themes.

You can on the PC with a little bit of modding, from what I understand.

Shoot, couldn't Sorny just allow us to use Spotify to import and stream entrance songs?

That video does show some promise for the editing suite. Wasn't one of the (many) issues with last year's game the fact you couldn't make big fat dudes? Like, Big E sized Vader and such.

I'll never understand why people can't just let us have a good time.  Having a Kenta Kobashi CAW without Grand Sword is like having Kool-Aid with no sugar.  Fuck those people.

I'll never understand why people can't just let us have a good time.  Having a Kenta Kobashi CAW without Grand Sword is like having Kool-Aid with no sugar.  Fuck those people.

Please, I'm sure there is some rap-metal son in there that is just as good.  

SHE'D LOOK PRETTY WEIRD WITH A HAND AS A FACE BRO

giphy.gif

Why is the video now private? Or it that just for me?

As for themes, I've never understood why they don't put in real themes of wrestlers who aren't in the game. You got Scott Hall signed, why wouldn't you make the Razor Ramon theme an option in CAS?

I thought, "maybe I went too far," but Fresh, goddamn do you get under my skin sometimes with that shit. Ease up on the crying about people not liking something. Not all of us are all like, "OOH SHINY QUARTER!"

Jeff has a point. The game last year needed a lot of work and the state it was in at release was pretty inexcusable. So far, from everything I've read based on people's first impressions, it's the same game with some small gameplay improvements and everything that should have been in last year's game. You are either going to like the control scheme and gameplay or you're not. It's the same divisive issue that's been present for far too long now. It's abundantly clear that there was a gameplay system that was flawless that developers refuse to go back to because MUST ADD MOAR CONTROL SHIT. It's like when there's a kick ass action figure line, like the old Ninja Turtles. They articulated in ways that were fun or made sense. And then all of a sudden, those figures aren't made anymore and you get ones that have very specific actions that aren't as much fun for as many people the previous figures were fun for.

In any event, lay off the crap about people not liking everything or being honest about how good or bad a game is. Your assertion that all Jeff or Giant Bomb does is shit on things is as ridiculous because they're as positive about games as they are negative.

As far as dividing the audience, it's pretty weird that this game has lasted so long when it does really really segment the fans buying it.  Either you buy it every year or you fucking hate it 95% of the time.

I think part of it with me is that I NEED new wrestling games.  There's something about playing with a new wrestling game that makes me feel like a kid again, even if it's a yearly release.  Plus, I like beating the shit out of my friends with chairs and having them still be my friends.

I mean, shit, me and Ligerbusa even bought AAA Heroes Del Ring on launch.

I actually liked the gameplay last year (current gen) and think the limiting reversals will either make me really love the way matches work or have a shitload of stunlock and be absolute garbage.  Will find out in a couple of weeks I guess.

Firepro remains my favorite wrestling game series and after that XBLA version a couple years ago I have no faith in ever seeing one of those again.

• Like 1

Firepro needs a kickstarter in the worst of ways. I wouldn't think it would necessitate a huge budget either, just make slight graphical improvements, get online matches going, and creation sharing. Voila, best video game of all of the times.

Unfortunately, what we saw with the jump from PS2 to PS3 in terms of cutting features only to reintroduce them the next year only to then present them as big features has gotten much, much worse with this current console generational jump. WWE 2K15 and NHL 15 were just inexcusable pieces of stripped down shyit and this year you have both teams appealing to their audiences that they listen by reintroducing shit that should've been in there from the get go. I see a lot of similarities between the two games, as they have built-in hardcore audiences that will buy it no matter what, leading to both companies taking advantage of that by cutting as many corners as possible, and a huge chunk of the old fanbase that fucking hates the current product and direction.

With WWE, I like that they've slowed down the Smackdown engine, as it was always a clusterfuck from the get go. I think limiting reversals is 100% the right move because that was the other big problem with the engine: matches turned into never ending strings of reversals. I hope this year, I can finally play a wrestling game with friends and not be pissed off at how shit the game is. I haven't been able to do that since FPR came out.

PS those TMNT figures are incredible. I don't buy figures but would be severely tempted if they weren't so damned expensive. At least Raphael.