DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

As much as I want Barry Windham and Tito Santana in the game, given 2K's track record with guys like "fat and drunk" Jake Roberts, "dragon costume" Ricky Steamboat, and "fat singlet" Honky Tonk Man and "Macho King" Randy Savage last year, if they ever actually put those guys in, it will be as The Widowmaker and El Matador.

Not "The Widowmaker" Barry Windham, he'll strictly be The Widowmaker (that, or The Stalker or Blackjack WIndham)

EDIT: Also, "Future Superstar" Samoa Joe.  Will the Jack & Jerry Briscoe be in a "Young Up and Comers" DLC pack?

They used those particular incarnations because that's where they fit into the showcase. What sense would it make to have old school Jake Roberts and Ricky Steamboat wrestle Steve Austin in the 90's? Macho Man vs. Warrior at WM VII?

I agree about Tito Santana, though. He should be in these games. I think the Savage showcase match probably should have been his IC title win over Santana in the old Boston Garden, as that was more important to Randy's career than Tuesday in Texas.

As much as I want Barry Windham and Tito Santana in the game, given 2K's track record with guys like "fat and drunk" Jake Roberts, "dragon costume" Ricky Steamboat, and "fat singlet" Honky Tonk Man and "Macho King" Randy Savage last year, if they ever actually put those guys in, it will be as The Widowmaker and El Matador.

Not "The Widowmaker" Barry Windham, he'll strictly be The Widowmaker (that, or The Stalker or Blackjack WIndham)

EDIT: Also, "Future Superstar" Samoa Joe. Will the Jack & Jerry Briscoe be in a "Young Up and Comers" DLC pack?

They used those particular incarnations because that's where they fit into the showcase. What sense would it make to have old school Jake Roberts and Ricky Steamboat wrestle Steve Austin in the 90's? Macho Man vs. Warrior at WM VII?

I agree about Tito Santana, though. He should be in these games. I think the Savage showcase match probably should have been his IC title win over Santana in the old Boston Garden, as that was more important to Randy's career than Tuesday in Texas.

Bullshit, dude. Tito didn't attack him with a fucking cobra.

• Like 1

EDIT: Also, "Future Superstar" Samoa Joe. Will the Jack & Jerry Briscoe be in a "Young Up and Comers" DLC pack?

Bullshit, dude. Tito didn't attack him with a fucking cobra.

Cobras? Tito don't need no stinking cobras...

OK, so now I'm getting worried about the creation sweet.  I honestly don't do any of the regular WWE stuff in these games.  I build my own universe and basically treat it like an e-fed.  I really don't give a fuck about any of the shit they've announced if I can't add a bunch of created guys to make it my own. 

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2309/wwe-2k16-hands-on-impressions/

This is cool:

I got to play one match of the mode, it obviously was in the WWF portion of his career as it was the King of the Ring finals match against Jake “The Snake” Roberts (also confirming him in the game). A very cool touch was that Jake came out clutching his side (he had his snake and all), and we got a look back from earlier tonight showing Vader crushing Jake in the corner causing the injury. It was a real motion video and really wowed me when it happened. The screen grain was also present as it was in former games to add to the authenticity.

I thought that was the Season Pass, the preorder bonus was The Terminator.

However it's referred to, the bells and whistles that you can purchase along with the game aren't great this year IMO.

I do like a lot of the DLC content, though. I'll just buy those individually when they're released in the coming months.

• Like 1

I remember a while back when using the PS eye camera to create yourself in game was a new thing, people were running around with dicks for faces until they got that under wraps.  Still makes me laugh just typing this.  I'm such a child. 

• Like 1

I feel better about the game having seen the creation trailer.  Looks like we'll be able to at least make some halfway-decent CAWs this year.

The create a show feature is already has me intrigued.  I'm curious about whether or not there will be a way to import music into the create an entrance, because my CAW Universe needs their correct entrance themes. 

• Like 1

SHE'D LOOK PRETTY WEIRD WITH A HAND AS A FACE BRO

I remember a while back when using the PS eye camera to create yourself in game was a new thing, people were running around with dicks for faces until they got that under wraps.  Still makes me laugh just typing this.  I'm such a child. 

I love this board.

• Like 2