DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Yeah - I mean my submission game has improved slightly using Casey's suggestion but I am pretty fuck fucked 85% if someone puts a submission on me

The fucking Bret/Austin I Quit match can eat a dick with the 942852 steps you have to go through

I'm just glad the old "punch them endlessly until they fall stunned into the ropes" thing still works because I couldn't for the life of me figure out the button combination to set Bret Hart properly for a stun gun.

Just now, CSC said:

I'm just glad the old "punch them endlessly until they fall stunned into the ropes" thing still works because I couldn't for the life of me figure out the button combination to set Bret Hart properly for a stun gun.

Yup - that is how I did it too

I got so pissed in the Iron Man since at least three times I have done all the fucking steps and I am on the last one and suddenly Bret can counter everything and then submit me.

I saw the suggestion on line that I will probably do for the Austin stuff and just play it all on Easy

I am amused that even though I am a Heavyweight - my first 3 feuds were Tyler Breeze, Finn Balor and now Hideo Itami

I also dumped Baron Corbin as my tag partner and got Jack Swagger instead. Despite never having tag matches.

God I am really tired of wrestling the same three people

Yeah, career mode is quite tedious.  For some reason they had me going against my rival well after soundly defeating him.  At least put some kind of storyline reason why I'm have to go through him again, which sounds like something they're going to do with the next game.  I would have thought once I became NXT champ it'd get interesting, but still wrestling people over and over again.

Well the weirdest thing is that it will be all YOU ARE FACING YOUR RIVAL AT THE NEXT PPV!!!! but in the meantime you wrestle them three freaking times on TV

I am in a Kofi Kingston/Dolph Ziggler level series of matches up with Tyler Breeze at this point

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well the weirdest thing is that it will be all YOU ARE FACING YOUR RIVAL AT THE NEXT PPV!!!! but in the meantime you wrestle them three freaking times on TV

To me, this doesn't sound all that different from a typical month on RAW.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Discovered this weekend that apparently the only way to get title shots is to jump the champ.

That is... weird

That's what I had to do.  I wonder if I did that from the start of the career maybe I could have saved some time in the process.

No, it would have put you against a superchamp that has unlimited reversals in order to squash you and end the feud immediately.  You have to be close to the top to do that.  I know I got it to work with a #3 contender to the WWE Championship, but not #6

I knew something was up when I was put into my second feud with Finn Balor while I was #1 contender.

So as soon as I beat Balor at Arrival, I jumped Kevin Owens before his match and Boom! We are in a feud.

Granted I think it had also helped that I had beaten KO in like 3 straight random matches.

Just odd that a face has to jump the heel to get a title shot. Well at least in the case that KO had done nothing to me prior.

On 31/08/2016 at 4:39 PM, Technico Support said:

I downloaded this game but, reading all this, I can't muster the desire to play it.

Kind of in the same boat, I got the PC version super cheap since i'm not a huge wrestling game fan (Last time I played with interest was the early SmackDown: HCTP era games) but every time I open this thread its not positive.

Who knows, I may be surprised.

Update: After beating Borderlands, i've loaded it up and i'm amazed how flawlessly it runs on my PC. I had a quick test match, Piper vs Sting for the US Title (of course?) and after beating Sting down for the whole match while still being nearly fully energised, Sting found a way to win.

Once I get used to playing this game I quite might like this.

To be fair - a lot of my frustrating pops up in all EA sports games.

Like the AI just decides there is no fucking way you are winning and Shane McMahon can suddenly reverse every fucking finisher even with the difficulty set to Easy

True

Another wonderful thing the game loves to do is ignore you doing the move it request to do.

Twice in the showcase it has asked me to use the Stunner on someone and when I do it doesn't advance to the next step.

Fucking Mania match either the Rock

I love how they show video footage of all the fun matches that sound like they would be a blast to play, and then you're stuck having to wrestle The Rock a dozen different times and end up tapping to the Sharpshooter so many times because I still can't get down the fucking submission system.  And this was AFTER I turned the difficulty down to easy because I was about to chuck a controller against the wall.

Thankfully finished Showcase mode.  It was alright overall, just needed more variety.  The Hall of Fame showcase looks like a ton more fun and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up getting the Season Pass for that because I'm a fool.