DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Sorry for getting nerdy here, but I'm curious as to how people are playing this game in comparison to myself. I haven't tried Universe mode yet. I'll probably give it a try once I've filled up my CAW slots, but I'm in no hurry because in previous years it's always felt super-repetitive. I just book matches in Exhibition mode. 

How do you treat all the various different incarnations of the same wrestler? Do you just pick a favorite version, like Cactus Jack, and ignore the other iterations? I try to find roles for them all. For example, Cactus Jack is my babyface version of Foley, while Dude Love and Mankind are both in different heel stables. Bikertaker is a face, Attitude Era Taker is leading a heel stable (Ministry of Darkness), and current Taker is in a tag with current Sting.

Anyone stumble onto any fun tag team combinations or stables? I put Rude and Breeze together under the name "Pretty Ravishing," Mark Henry, Bigelow and Vader as "Hall Of Pain" (couldn't think of anything better), and Rollins, Owens and Corbin as "Triple Threat" (Corbin makes a great heater). 

I've just sort of been dinking around in MyCareer.  It takes so long to get any traction, though.  I think I've redone my gimmick about six times now - current on a Fandango/Miz crossover type.

Does Universe Mode actually have different types of feuds and whatnot to get into?  It all seems really repetitive now.

Sorry for getting nerdy here, but I'm curious as to how people are playing this game in comparison to myself. I haven't tried Universe mode yet. I'll probably give it a try once I've filled up my CAW slots, but I'm in no hurry because in previous years it's always felt super-repetitive. I just book matches in Exhibition mode. 

How do you treat all the various different incarnations of the same wrestler? Do you just pick a favorite version, like Cactus Jack, and ignore the other iterations? I try to find roles for them all. For example, Cactus Jack is my babyface version of Foley, while Dude Love and Mankind are both in different heel stables. Bikertaker is a face, Attitude Era Taker is leading a heel stable (Ministry of Darkness), and current Taker is in a tag with current Sting.

Anyone stumble onto any fun tag team combinations or stables? I put Rude and Breeze together under the name "Pretty Ravishing," Mark Henry, Bigelow and Vader as "Hall Of Pain" (couldn't think of anything better), and Rollins, Owens and Corbin as "Triple Threat" (Corbin makes a great heater). 

Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper are my tag champs at the moment and they are awesome haha

I have a heel Dean Ambrose teamed with a heel Chris Hero. They don't have a name but they sure are fun to watch kick ass.

The Fat and the Filthy?

That's not a terrible team.  Only way you could make it better would be to replace Ambrose with... literally anyone else.

I have a heel Dean Ambrose teamed with a heel Chris Hero. They don't have a name but they sure are fun to watch kick ass.

The Fat and the Filthy?

That's not a terrible team.  Only way you could make it better would be to replace Ambrose with... literally anyone else.

My take on them was sort of a 21st century take on Bob Orton Jr. and Dick Slater...if Bob Orton Jr. was really shitty on offense.

I'm either a gluten for punishment or an idiot (both?) for playing online again. Assholes are back in full force.

It used to be the heart punch. 2K wisely patched it, so now it's the leg sweep. They'll do a leg sweep, you'll reverse, and they can pull of another leg sweep before you can react. With limited reversals, you can imagine how fucked you are.

That or the "butt bump" that's virtually impossible to reverse.

I appreciate that wrestling against Brock Lesnar on Hard or Legend difficulty feels like a real boss fight. I noticed that they hide his reversal bar, which means either 1) you can't see how many reversals he has left and thus press the advantage when he is out of them, or 2) he has unlimited reversals.

Either way, it's a nice touch. 

I appreciate that wrestling against Brock Lesnar on Hard or Legend difficulty feels like a real boss fight. I noticed that they hide his reversal bar, which means either 1) you can't see how many reversals he has left and thus press the advantage when he is out of them, or 2) he has unlimited reversals.

Either way, it's a nice touch. 

This is what happens when you challenge a champ and you're too low ranked.  He has unlimited reversals.

When you actually are ranked high enough to deserve a title shot, he'll have his regular reversal bar.

• Like 1

Ha! So I've had Ambrose and harper going back and forth with Wyatt and Rowan for the tag titles when out of nowhere MIKEY WHIPWRECK joins up with the Wyatt Family to beat down Harper after a match.

I don't know why but Whipwreck joining a wrestling cult to try and win some matches just feels right!

Anyone else diggin' on the *new* DLC with Dusty and my main man, Mr.PERFECT?!!!
I personally can't wait for the release of "Earthquake"!!! He was half of my fave tag-team to use on WRESTLEFEST.
Jake The Snake was the other half.
Use Jakes DDT as the first part of the finisher, then tag in EARTHQUAKE to jump around the fallen foe several times, then run against the ropes and KILL with a running butt splash!!!!

I hope the hell that finisher,Earthquakes, is still in the game...it was year's ago.
hqdefault.jpg