DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

There are folks out there that don't like the game moving to a more sim based/less arcade button masher direction. I'm a sim guy. I want to be able to put on great matches with the game. Not play with cartoons. I have Street Fighter for that.

Yep, I honestly want a game that is played in a way that wrestling actually works.  I want to work matches in the way that makes you have to build heat, make comebacks, and get over with the crowd to get to the main event.  If you just go into a match and hit 35 suplexes and get the win, you stay at the bottom of the card.  If you go in, get a shine sequence that gets your offense over, a heat sequence that builds sympathy, and make a comeback that shows fire and gets the crowd behind you...you move up.  Give me a game where you have to make the crowd love and/or hate you over a game where you just try to win matches in a worked sport.

I totally agree.

I need to stop fucking around and get Fire Pro Returns figured out on my pc.

Do you have a PS3? You can purchase FPR from the online store on that.

It would be nice if you could also purchase it on the PS4.

I need to stop fucking around and get Fire Pro Returns figured out on my pc.

Do you have a PS3? You can purchase FPR from the online store on that.

It would be nice if you could also purchase it on the PS4.

I don't. I went from 360 to Xbone. I have FPR on my PS2 but I'd love to have it on a box that won't die sooner than later.

• Like 1

Definitely prefer a sim over arcade. That being said, I have no idea what the fuck Giant Bomb is.

Piper, Perfect (not Hennig), Scott Hall, Harlem Heat, Arn Anderson, old school Jake Roberts, Boss Man and Ric Flair.... they may have just passed 2K14 for best roster ever. Fuck Hogan.

Can't wait to DDT Savage unconscious at Tuesday in Texas. I hope they put Jake's promo in.

As long as the WCW characters don't look like shit I might finally get around to making one helluva WCW universe.  There'll be less filling in the blanks this time around.

Speaking of Universe mode, I didn't hear much of anything.  I'm hoping they fix the rivalry system and also have it so you don't have top stars on shows like Superstars.  Always was strange seeing HHH vs. Brock on there for no good reason.

As much as I want Barry Windham and Tito Santana in the game, given 2K's track record with guys like "fat and drunk" Jake Roberts, "dragon costume" Ricky Steamboat, and "fat singlet" Honky Tonk Man and "Macho King" Randy Savage last year, if they ever actually put those guys in, it will be as The Widowmaker and El Matador.

Not "The Widowmaker" Barry Windham, he'll strictly be The Widowmaker (that, or The Stalker or Blackjack WIndham)

EDIT: Also, "Future Superstar" Samoa Joe.  Will the Jack & Jerry Briscoe be in a "Young Up and Comers" DLC pack?