DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Some general DLC info: over 30 new characters, a 7 match Hall of Fame Showcase, new moves set, accelerator. If I could figure out how to embed, I would use a screenshot, but I'm too stupid.

Around 160 wrestlers, including DLC. How are they going to top that next year? Just keep everybody and add the 4HW?

Yeah, I read the IGN and the Gamespot previews and, yet again, zero mention of the Create-a-Superstar mode.

FISHY, I TELLS YA! FISHY!

I don't think that's been as much of a focus in recent years because CAS is almost always the same. The last time that feature received any kind of significant coverage was 2 or 3 years ago when they talked about how CASes were starting to look similar to wrestlers already in the game.

Yeah, I read the IGN and the Gamespot previews and, yet again, zero mention of the Create-a-Superstar mode.

FISHY, I TELLS YA! FISHY!

I don't think that's been as much of a focus in recent years because CAS is almost always the same. The last time that feature received any kind of significant coverage was 2 or 3 years ago when they talked about how CASes were starting to look similar to wrestlers already in the game.

Right, and I'd agree EXCEPT last year's CAS mode was gutted. "Here's 12 default faces.....no you can't really change them....BUT LOOK AT THESE GRAPHICS." Maybe this year?

More specifically, you could put a texture over the face, which could be another face.  It worked... off and on.

The problem with the CAS heads is that they all looked like the same underlying face, no matter what you did with it. 

Yup....beat me to it...

and dix and cox...

About the WWE 2K16 Downloadable Content Offerings*

The WWE 2K16 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation™Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 systems, as well as Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One and Xbox 360:

Accelerator • Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content); • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.

MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive) • Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode; • MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

Legends Pack • Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus; • The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.

2015 Hall of Fame Showcase • Playable matches include: o “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts; o Rikishi vs. The Rock; o Alundra Blayze vs. Paige; o Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson; o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair; o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake); o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray); • The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

New Moves Pack • More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor); • The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.

Future Stars Pack • Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy; • The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.

About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass

Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available: • Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game); • Legends Pack; • 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase; • New Moves Pack; • Future Stars Pack.

About the WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Editions

2K also announced Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 are now available for pre-order via PlayStation™Network and Xbox Live as follows: • PS4™ system and Xbox One ($89.99): o Copy of WWE 2K16; o WWE 2K16 Season Pass; o MyPlayer KickStart; o Theme (PS4™ system only; available immediately with pre-order purchase); • PS3™ system ($79.99): o Copy of WWE 2K16; o WWE 2K16 Season Pass; o Theme (PS3™ system only, available immediately with pre-order purchase).

• Like 1

Dan with Giant Bomb went to play WWE 2K16 and said it's pretty much the same garbage game as last year.

I just heard this last night too. He seemed to really hate the gameplay of last year though. If you did not, then you probably won't hate this one either.

Side note: I like Giant Bomb, but Christ Almighty, am I sick of them being negative about every game. Video games are fun, cheer up.

There are folks out there that don't like the game moving to a more sim based/less arcade button masher direction. I'm a sim guy. I want to be able to put on great matches with the game. Not play with cartoons. I have Street Fighter for that.

• Like 3

There are folks out there that don't like the game moving to a more sim based/less arcade button masher direction. I'm a sim guy. I want to be able to put on great matches with the game. Not play with cartoons. I have Street Fighter for that.

Yep, I honestly want a game that is played in a way that wrestling actually works.  I want to work matches in the way that makes you have to build heat, make comebacks, and get over with the crowd to get to the main event.  If you just go into a match and hit 35 suplexes and get the win, you stay at the bottom of the card.  If you go in, get a shine sequence that gets your offense over, a heat sequence that builds sympathy, and make a comeback that shows fire and gets the crowd behind you...you move up.  Give me a game where you have to make the crowd love and/or hate you over a game where you just try to win matches in a worked sport.

• Like 1