DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

It's really hard for me not to run in or breakout during the entrances.  

I find it especially useful if I want to see how a wrestler looks like without committing to a full-on-match.  Will also come in handy if I download a CAS and want to see how they look.  And if that actually matters in Universe, then I could see doing that for a heated rivalry instead of doing their pre-set booking.

I skipped '15, but I'm thinking that I'll get '16 after reading this thread. You guys make this game sound like it's got good sim-style action. These games ALWAYS go on sale at Amazon on Black Friday, so I'll just watch for it to come up and order it then. 

After the game installed I ran three 4 way TLC matches with nonsensical combatants: Rick Rude (holy fuck, he's got like 82 overall, that's Adam Rose's rating!), Warrior, Andre, and Macho. The AI isn't very good. The 4 guys pair off for pretty much the entire match, one guy will be in the ring with the ladder and his opponent downed for a lengthy period, climb the sum'bitch and win while the other two guys are outside jerking each other off. The other two will make the attempted save but it's not all of the time and they're generally too slow. One on one ladder match AI was actually worse. The AI will often pick up a chair and go to the center of the ring thinking it's a ladder it seems. Then they'll get confused and eventually set up the chair in a corner. They are pretty ruthless once they do figure out they need a ladder not a chair to climb and because you stay down for so long once you're in the yellow and definitely in the red, you're pretty much fucked. Good thing is, ladder matches of any sort don't take 40 minutes to win but there is definitely a lack of polish for the AI in those matches.

Also disappointed, unless I'm missing something, there are no 2v2v2 TLC or ladder matches. No recreating the chaos of the Dudleyzzzz/E&C/Hardy Boyzzzz unfortunately.

Straight up singles matches fucking rule though. I think that's what's most important. 2K and co. will have time to fix all the other shit but the heart of pro wrestling is done very well, thankfully.

I just got in a couple matches. Played Rollins vs Ambrose (me) and lost to Rollins. Then I played Zack Ryder vs Owens (me) and won. Took me two Pop-up Powerbombs to win, which I thought was bullshit, but whatever. I really liked what I've played so far, though. Looking forward to getting in more time with it later.

I've read a l lot of reports on the AI heels just leaving and taking a count out mid match, or grabbing a chair for the DQ.  

It actually depends on their personality if they'll do this or not, which is pretty cool.  Last year the countout thing was a default heel tactic in career mode, but now it's closer to reality, where a guy like Seth would do it, but a guy like Brock wouldnt.  Each character has the personality traits that you might have seen for your guy in career mode- and actually playing them differently in Universe mode by controlling them yourself will shift the alignments around accordingly.

So, tromataker, the reviews that are saying "oh the submission system is broken/nightmarish/sucks" comes down more to the reviewer himself making it to hard? Left/right movements instead of circular and it's not a game killer?

Can't speak for him, but if all you have to do is that then why not make it that way in the first place?  I was thinking it'd be similar to EA MMA, and it sounds like reviewers were expecting that as well.

And looking at it on youtube and elsewhere that what it looks like it SHOULD work like, a sort of circular chase/race between the powers of "I QUIT" and the powers of "ASK HIM REF!"

I haven't tried the side to side thing because I've been at work, but to be clear, even if it works great  - I still fucking hate this submission system, and hated it in EA MMA and the last UFC game- I don't like any broke ass two player snake minigame bullshit in my wrestling games

It was WAY more responsive and easy to do in the UFC game, which I think is because the circle (well, octagon in that case) was bigger

Am I doing something wrong or can you not hit diving finishers off the top of a ladder to downed opponents? I've been trying for what must be close to an hour between today and last night to hit Savage's elbow drop on Billy fucking Gunn but there's no prompt. I can however hit the double axehandle from the ladder, which is sweet. 

He has it though. Hrrrmmmmmmm. Maybe I didn't have Billy Bitchcakes lined up perfectly.

Okay, I hit a red arrow off the ladder no problem, first try. Tried again with Savage, had his opponent aligned correctly and still nuffin'.

Edited by Oyaji

Anyone have this on PS3?

Is it worth upgrading from 2k14? I mostly play universe mode and im big on customizing the current roster. Can we still edit gear, entrances, moves and music?

I like having my Cesaro/Barrett 'kings of hardcore' tag team hehehe

Just had a very long tag match come to a point where it couldn't end with a pinfall. The ref got knocked down a few times and then would just stare at wrestlers going for pins. Glitchy glitcherton.

The only real glitches I ran into was some odd yellow pixels on my CAW, which fixed itself when I rebooted, and Tyler Breeze's selfie stick glitching out when I attacked him before a match.

Fuck it.  I love this game.  This is the closest it's ever felt to an actual match.

I read yesterday that there is a "day one" patch out. 888 megs worth from what I saw...

My copy gets here today.

Is it acceptable for a 42 year old man to skip half a day of work to play a video game?