DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

it's kind of hard to explain

Shows happen.  You play the shows.  Feuds develop as you play.

You can make your own shows but right now that part is fucked up because unless you have a PPV nobody will ever defend belts.  This is supposed to get patched.

I actually really hate Universe mode now and that's a bigger bummer than the stupid submission system. I thought I would be able to book matches and feuds, but that's hardly the case. You can "edit" the guys in a match, but then it launches you into playing that match. If you choose to sim it, you still have to watch the whole thing. If you choose to go onto the next match, you get the results for the wrestlers originally booked for that match. It's so weird and dumb.

Like, I don't want Undertaker taking on Heath Slater in a Rivalry match 3 Raws in a row. That is fucking dumb. I even tried messing with the rosters for each show, but that seems to undo itself too. Same with the rivalries. I thought I had setup Mark Henry and Finn Balor for a 12 week rivalry, and then two weeks in, Finn has a feud with Sami Zayn. Plus, one of the other feuds I setup up and disappeared, leaving me with two active feuds. The fuck is that shit?

You're basically left with a system that's similar to SmackDown! 2. The one that was on the PlayStation...

Has 2K commented on the sub system criticisms?

Not that I've seen.

And another day, another "I figured out the submission system" post...This time, people say you're supposed to do NOTHING once you're put in a submission. Once the L2 prompt comes up, ONLY tap L2 and then moving the stick left and right works for moving your bar in the circle.

I'm beginning to think that all of these things work to some degree. What I mean is, I think the submission system is really fucked. So when you install the game, I wonder if something is breaking with that system in regard to what feedback controls your bar in the circle. So for some people, rotating the stick works, for others it's moving it left and right, then for others it works intermittently, and for others nothing works. 

This Bret vs. Austin submission match can fuck right off.  Restholds aren't working at all - instead of the resthold, Bret keeps putting on a legscissors.  Thus, no way to get Austin's stamina down, thus, no way to get the tapout.  !@&^!&^@

Just beat the fuck out of him with a chair, everything is legal in that match. Be careful and take pauses in between shots or your stamina will drain and then you're really screwed. Keep building up and spamming sharpshooters until one clicks. That's how I did it...on like my ninth try.

Rest hold system only works when stamina is drained, which actually makes sense. They got that part right. I even like the new pin system. You get three solid chances to kick out and I've pretty much got the cadence down.

The sub system had to go and fuck up a good game. It's not great, still too many flaws (and bugs). But if they were to patch it correctly, fix the bugs, and give us an option to change the sub system, I'd be satisfied with the product. That's probably not gonna happen, though.

About 70/30 on getting people to submit when I want.

I move left to right but only at the top half of the circle. I don't follow them into the bottom half, they run to you anyway.

The thing is there's that random dot. If they get the dot you're not getting a submission on that attempt.

I started My Career with an Apollo Crews download. It's actually a really good creation and the guy who made him put in a lot of time into his moveset, t-shirt logo, etc. The shitty thing is that when you start My Career, that whole moveset goes out the window and there's no way to import a moveset. Fuck that.

I may have to bump the difficulty up to Hard for this mode though, since it seems pretty easy so far.

I've already had some GREAT matches with this game. The pin mini-game is fast as hell so I've been flash pinned a couple of times but I'm still trying to get the cadence down on it. This game, after an update or two is going to be great.

Fuck submissions though.....fuck them all the way to fuck town.

Speaking of DLC, still unable to access PS store within the game so I can get season pass activated.  It's been redeemed and "installed", just need to get it in the game.  Not having much faith in this being done anytime soon, but sure feels like a waste of $20.  Never had this problem until this year, so will be weary of getting season pass going forward.

I really don't understand the season pass issue. I bought the $90 digital version for the PS4. The game and about 3 other files all downloaded and installed. I didn't fuck around going to PSN from inside the game. I just went to PSN and the shit worked.

This game is very fun when played with friends yet still incredibly glitch. So much wonky physics at work in multiman matches and/or any gimmick match types. Had a triangle table match and Mark Henry (so much fun to play with!) reversed some fool by tossing him through the table clean. But the third man in the match who was just laying on the ground was awarded the victory.

I really don't understand the season pass issue. I bought the $90 digital version for the PS4. The game and about 3 other files all downloaded and installed. I didn't fuck around going to PSN from inside the game. I just went to PSN and the shit worked.

I downloaded the Playstation app and got it that way.  I'll download it when I get home and imagine it'll work.  But when you're used to accessing it a certain way it is a pain to have to go around that.  First world problems, I guess.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's what I used to buy the game. It actually worked really well for me as far as purchasing it went. When I checked my PS4 at lunch though, the thing was still in sleep mode, even though the app said things were downloading. It wasn't until I turned my PS4 on that those items began to download.

Maybe I was just lucky?

PS4 has been rather kind to me since getting it mid last year.  I'd say all in all I have no complaints aside from this.  That said, not sure what's up with it as I'd figure if it happened in the game 2K might have a hand in this as well.  But hey, if it ends up working then whatever.

Moving on, holy crap there's some quality CAS's on caws.ws.  Found a spot-on Sasha and Nakamura that I can't wait to try out.  The arenas are on point as well.  Time to get these and try it out.

• Like 2