DVDVR Message Board

Raw: 15 June 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Kevin Owens became the biggest face in the company when he powerbombed Roger Klotz through a table

Yeah, flashback for me back to Saito / Sasake obliterating the Southern Posse during the NJPW invasion of WCW.  Kevin Owens killing MGK is not exactly considered by me to be a heel move.

Brock Lesnar as the unfeeling love child of Ivan Drago and the T-100 unit warns my heart.  Die, Rollins, die.

Ernie Ladd?

Does 6'9 register as a Giant? I usually assume you gotta be a 7 footer to be in that description.

I would say roughly, "anyone who was booked one v one against classic Andre." Is a good rule of thumb.

Otherwise, there are:

Baba, Giant Silva, El Gigante, Khali, Big Show, ...

Then: Ladd, Khan, Mulligan, Nitro, .

This list does not have Big John Studd.  Fail.

Ernie Ladd?

Does 6'9 register as a Giant? I usually assume you gotta be a 7 footer to be in that description.

Yes. Otherwise, Andre would be disqualified.

Favorite exchange of the night:

Dolph: "Cleveland deserves a championship and I'm here to give it to them!!!!!!!!!!"

Owens: "Uh, hold on, this is a non-title match."

Dolph: "Oh well, I'm already out here anyway..."

That exchange sums up Dolph's career pretty well.

You guys just don't get it. Dolph doesn't really care about winning championships. In fact, he doesn't really care about winning or losing. It's about entertaining.

Favorite exchange of the night:

Dolph: "Cleveland deserves a championship and I'm here to give it to them!!!!!!!!!!"

Owens: "Uh, hold on, this is a non-title match."

Dolph: "Oh well, I'm already out here anyway..."

That exchange sums up Dolph's career pretty well.

You guys just don't get it. Dolph doesn't really care about winning championships. In fact, he doesn't really care about winning or losing. It's about entertaining.

In kayfabe terms, does that make him some sort of deviant sadomasochist?

Can someone please explain the point of that women's match to me?

I'm guessing it leads to Paige bringing in her mom as a partner at the next ppv.  Or bringing up someone new from NXT.

Saraya Knight on my screen is always a welcome sight.

This Paige/Bellas angle is pretty strange. I wish they would steer clear of the borderline shoot comments (i.e. "it doesn't matter who they're married to") and focus more on aligning the Bellas with the Authority. That would make more sense in why the Bellas are getting away with murder and why some of the other Divas are hesitant to align with Paige. I think JBL is the only announcer trying to sell that aspect. 

I have zero idea what the idea is behind Kevin Owens attacking rapper-guy. I don't have a Cornette-like aversion to the genre, but I pretty much hate musical acts on Raw, and this does nothing to make me want to boo Owens.

I'm sure it will be hashed out later, but Kelly is a giant Cena fan. You can even ask your therapist about that part of Wrestlemania 28 you've blocked out, where he performed before Cena went to the ring. 

I have zero idea what the idea is behind Kevin Owens attacking rapper-guy. I don't have a Cornette-like aversion to the genre, but I pretty much hate musical acts on Raw, and this does nothing to make me want to boo Owens.

I'm sure it will be hashed out later, but Kelly is a giant Cena fan. You can even ask your therapist about that part of Wrestlemania 28 you've blocked out, where he performed before Cena went to the ring.

Not really sure what that has to do with what I said, but ok, I'll try again.

Yes, I understand from a kayfabe perspective why Kevin Owens would attack him. Handshake attempt + Owens' reaction showed it even without rapper-guy's Cena-loving backstory.

I'm saying that since the average fan's interest in rapper-guy will be somewhere on the "IDGAF about this dude" to "get this shit off my screen, I wanna watch wrestling," why Owens is attacking him, since it's not going to make 90% of the crowd hate him more.

He's a guest of the show, performing a 'popular' song, and is aligned with the #1 face in the company.   Heel attacks defenseless face = "Boo!"

In theory. 

Not really sure what that has to do with what I said, but ok, I'll try again.

Yes, I understand from a kayfabe perspective why Kevin Owens would attack him. Handshake attempt + Owens' reaction showed it even without rapper-guy's Cena-loving backstory.

I'm saying that since the average fan's interest in rapper-guy will be somewhere on the "IDGAF about this dude" to "get this shit off my screen, I wanna watch wrestling," why Owens is attacking him, since it's not going to make 90% of the crowd hate him more.

Isn't the answer that the goal is not to get 90% of the crowd to hate Owens. The goal is to make the Cena fans hate Owens. The heel/face dynamics in this feud are a little off.

• Like 1

He's a guest of the show, performing a 'popular' song, and is aligned with the #1 face in the company.   Heel attacks defenseless face = "Boo!"

In theory. 

Not to mention the point of any celebrity appearing on RAW is for fans of that celebrity who probably don't watch wrestling may tune in to watch him.  So if I loved MGK and watched RAW just to see him perform and some asshole came out and threw him off the stage, I might now have a vested interest in hating this pro wrestler who I'd probably never seen or heard of. 

That performance was awesome when he told people that Cena was the ultimate underdog and the crowd completely shit on him.  Even the biggest Cena fans in my section were rolling their eyes at that underdog comments.   Apparently Kelly thinks the John Cena and Daniel Bryan went through the same path or something   :lol:

Machine Gun KellyVerified account

‏@machinegunkelly
@FightOwensFight did you take the belt for 'best cheap shot' home tonite? please hit harder next time, that was chump change. 

He also posted a bunch of emojis

The WWE might want to chat with their "celebs" before doing angles with them