DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 PHOTO THREAD

Yeah. Sorry, I thought despite how rough he looks, everybody could tell it was Raven.

I was pretty sure it was. Seeing Raven like that makes me feel fucking old. The first time I saw him on tv was the GWF circa 1991.

Considering he's 50 and how hard he lived in his ECW (and probably a good bit of the WCW era too) I'd say he looks about how someone with his age and mileage should look.  I'm still surprised he and Sandman are still kicking when so many of their contemporaries are dead now.

I met Raven at a bar in Atlanta in 2002 and he couldn't have been nicer. Very cool guy who chatted with me and my friends for a while. I tried to buy him a drink but I think he was in a no-drinking phase due to his health. He still sat and talked with me and my friend about the wrestling business for about 20 minutes before he got pulled away. Good dude.

• Like 1

Jim Cornette's rant on Sweetan on Wrestling Gold comes to mind. "He was a fine worker, but as ugly as all get out. He looked like someone set fire to his face and put it out with an axe."

And that's still the nicest thing anyone has to say about him.